Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Secret to ETERNAL YOUTH!!!!! :)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:24 PM
  • 0 Replies

Just thought I'd share this with you mamas : 

As I’m preparing to celebrate (in 2 months, but hey, I get excited early!) the last year in my 20’s, I’ve been inspired to write this blog and share with you, some of the things that have made me feel like I’m not that old yet (thank god my mind is still young, because my body feels every minute of my almost 29 years!!).
I’m a people watcher. I notice things that people do, and don’t do. All of the things I’m about to list are things I do or plan on doing. I get my inspiration not only from the people who do these things, but also from watching people who don’t… So please take a moment to enjoy the things I find important, and perhaps you will pick up some habits for yourself… 
Stay youthful! 
Love always :)

I sincerely hope you enjoy every minute you’ve been given. Work hard, play harder. Say please and thank you, even when you don’t feel like it. Smile. Grin from ear to ear, just because it feels good. Scrunch up your face and then slowly relax it, you’ll be amazed how calm it makes you feel. Sniff a flower when you walk by. Get up early to watch the sunset. Bake something and share all but one piece with other people. Listen to a child talk… they are wise beyond their years. Laugh until it hurts. Get a pen and paper and write a loved one a letter. Seal it with a kiss. Send a card just because. Give someone a gift because it’s perfect for them. Even if it isn’t a holiday or birthday. Call someone up just to say, “I love you.” Pet your four-legged friends. Add a little extra whipped cream to your hot chocolate. Never become complacent and settle for mediocrity. Take a walk. Take a picture of everything you want to remember. Document your life. Even the littlest things. Read your favorite book until the pages fall apart. And then buy yourself another copy. Watch your favorite movie any time you want. Repeat the lines with it, it’s fun. Laugh at your own jokes. Sometimes you’re the only one laughing. Give someone a compliment. Random acts of kindness make a huge difference. Browse online but don’t buy anything. Or treat yourself to something special. Eat chocolate. Slowly. Be thankful for your blessings. Stay up late to look at the stars. Play peek-a-boo with a baby. Even if it isn’t yours. Sing loudly. Sing in public if you want. Find an old friend from elementary school. Pick some flowers for a centerpiece. Stand up for what you believe in. Donate a dollar to every charity you support. Buy a stranger a coffee. Or a bagel. Play games. Entertain yourself with solitaire. Enjoy your music while you’re stuck in traffic. Try going a whole day with no swear words. Or a whole week. Smile because it feels good. Enjoy a bubble bath. Make cookies and just enjoy the dough. Try a new recipe. Go for a walk with no destination. Or jump in the car and do the same thing. Collect special or interesting items. Get rid of the things that don’t matter. Speak your mind. Keep a secret. Tell your diary or journal everything. Organize. Don’t be afraid to be goofy. Wear clothes that you like. Even if they aren’t in fashion. They will be someday. Go bowling. Shoot pool. Jump in a pool fully clothed. Minus the shoes of course. Push your children in a swing. Feed wildlife. Keep your skin healthy. Take a multivitamin. Spray some perfume or cologne on. Even if you aren’t going anywhere. Take an extra shower. Brush your teeth again just to make sure your smile is bright. Yawn. Paint a picture. Write a story. Look through a prism. Rub a worry rock. Find a rainbow. Take a deep breath when something smells good. Try something new. Do something you never thought you would. Travel. Go to bed early. Turn off your phone for a while. Turn off the TV. Don’t read the news for a few days. Run. Find something to believe in. Dance like no one is watching. Make the mirror your friend. You’re perfect just the way you are. Love with all of your heart. Cheer on your favorite sports team. Don’t be afraid to lose. Sit in silence. Say your favorite words out loud. Color a picture with different shades of your favorite color. Dance in the rain. Catch a snowflake on your tongue. Pretend to be someone else for a day. Research a new subject. Spend a day at the library. Window shop. Go to a movie by yourself. Eat at a restaurant, party of one. Tell yourself what you like about you. Unplug your clocks for a day. Look at old pictures. Throw a coin in a fountain. Make a wish. Laugh uncontrollably. Cry if it feels good. Be yourself. Take care of your health. 

The list goes on and on. Feel free to pass this message along. Add your own ideas. Tell your friends, tell your family, tell people you don’t know. Share with everyone, the secret to staying youthful forever :)

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)