Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you have stopped??

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:45 PM
  • 55 Replies
Would you stop and help if you saw 2 women trying to help a man up that was bleeding?? Thats what I did today... I was alone and driving and saw these 2 women holding up a man that had blood allover his face. I pulled over and got out of my car and asked if they needed any help. They said the ambulance was called and if I could help support the man because they thought he might have broken his knee ( which it turns out he most likely did). So here we are holding the guy and it took like 20 minutes for the ambulance to get there and 10 minutes for the cops. The guy had a major bloody nose (turns out he takes blood thinners). I feel good knowing that I stopped to help someone in need. One of the other ladies had her kids in the car(with an adult watching them) and the other lady was in her 40's to 50's. I watched people just drive by and look and just keep going. And I wondered how could you not stop? I mean at least see if an ambulance has been called. Anyway just wondering how many people would have stopped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinsmommy1219
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:48 PM

i have many of times, i actually saved a womans life at disney world because i stopped and helped while every one else just walked around her.

BaisMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Yes, I would have, it's just in my nature.

poshkat
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:50 PM

of course i would have stopped. you did good mama!!

meelena123

it depends on the situation like if no one was their to help i would diffently stop and help .Shame on those who dont

caitis_mom

I guess it would depend on the situation. If I could tell there was really something wrong or if I saw the accident or someone go down then yes I would stop, but these days it's hard to tell whats for real.

mrsniebo
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:51 PM

The world needs more caring people like you! 

Zhi
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:52 PM

If I saw that the man already had people helping him, I probably wouldn't have stopped either. Looks like the situation was already under control.

momof3jam
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:52 PM
I would definitely help if I were alone, but to be perfectly honest, if I has my kids in the car, I would be very hesitant and less likely to stop and help (not knowing the situation). But I would pull over and make sure they were able to cal 911, or offer to use my phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristin_1984
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:54 PM

i know i would.i heard on the news that a guy i think got stabbed and people were walking by him,and no one cared to stop and help or call 911...this man died because of selfish people.

WesAndNicksMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:55 PM

i probably wouldn't have stopped especially if i saw that other people were already helping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)