Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone have jealous friends?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

when i moved to town 7 years ago i didn't really know anyone here and luckily a friend from high school moved to town (she's my best friend now).  over the last two years though i've started making a lot of friends in town who invite me out to do things and take some of my time (not all but some).  my best friend always makes me feel kind of guilty when i talk about doing things with my other friends.  i think she feels left out but i don't think she would get along with everyone else (and i think it would hurt her feelings more).  i spend more time with her than anyone else (we hangout at least once a week whereas i go out with the others maybe every month or two). i know i shouldn't have to feel guilty but sometimes i do!

does anyone else have a friend who's jealous of your other friends/doesn't like your other friends?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JMKristy
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:25 AM

LOL! I have one, it is so silly! She pitched a hissy fit when I purchased a house closer to another friend.... like that's how we picked our house or something! It was so petty!

perfeCtPaO
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:55 AM
Yes, I have a jealous friend, my bff from high school. Like yourself I hang around with her once a week. But at work I made another bff....she got pregnant so I been super excited for her.....I mentioned it to my other bff she was not what I expected. She was like "now you guys have something in common, both if are moms".....lol I was like what!!!!!....but yes she is jealous....because we work together and actually our cubicles are next to each other lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I have more of a jealous "acquantance", I wouldn't really consider her a friend, as I don't enjoy her company and I avoid it, lol.

She's one of those people that asks weird personal questions (like how much my dh makes or what our house cost), and firstly, I don't really talk about that kind of thing, it's tacky, and secondly, it's akward because I know they are really struggling financially.

She's just one of those girls that never matured beyond high school, and is alwasy comparing things and getting upset when we get or do something that she can't. 

Example:  She had a cow when we went to Disney for a week because their family has never been on a vacation, ever.  Which, yes, I'm sorry for her, but that doesnt' mean my family shouldn't do things because it makes her jealous, kwim?

ipissexcellence
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:02 AM

my best friend is my only friend... so she doesn't have to be jealous about other friends.... instead she's jealous of me.... her boyfriend told me that she was jealous because i didn't gain a lot of weight, im like hello! you can fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes! i cant! so she has nothing to complain about! i made sure i ate healthy and i walked a lot! she sat on her ass ate McDonald's for breakfast lunch and dinner everyday!

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM

no.

ajtherad
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:10 AM
Yes..but she's jealous in a different way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)