Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long does your polish last?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:55 PM
  • 19 Replies

For the ladies that either do their own nails, or go get their nails done, about how long does it take till the polish starts to chip?

I think I polished my nails 2 or 3 days ago, and they're starting to flake off. I was shocked because its usually that evening or the following morning something happens and they start flaking.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:56 PM

on my hands maybe 20 minutes, i somehow always manage to chip it. on my toes up to 2 weeks

-Kney-
by Courtney on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:58 PM
My fingers it always took the next day then I started to by a base and top coat. My toes last for 2 wks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Mine starts to chip the very next day. From doing dishes and cleaning. My toes will stay for a few weeks.

hopeandglory53
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:03 PM

My toes will last until I remove it with nail polish.

butterflyblu
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I do not do my finger nails for that reason.  My toes will last quite a while.

BabyJae
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:45 PM
My nails will last about 3 weeks, my toes about a month. I get my nails and feet professionally done and I have acrylic over my real nails so my nail polish last alot longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelsealea
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:03 PM

well your nails produce natural olis and with the combination of that and your daily routine like doing dishes, cleaning produts, picking at stuff with your nails, etc its natural for polish to last at the most foronly 3 or 4 days then they will chip, sometimes sooner! that is the bad news the good news is there are things you can do the help make them last. first you need to dehydrate your nails by using a ph balancer like bond aid or wiping the surface of your nail with acetone. then use a base coat one thin layer, then do your color in thin layers two or three if needed, then a top coat to seal the color. (a quick tip is to brush the tip of the nail horizonatily to help protect the end)  GOOD LUCK! hope this helps a little :)

chelsealea
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:04 PM

gloves help when your doing any cleaning/ dishes!!!!!

Naegore
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:08 PM

maybe a week on my toes. i don't paint my fingernails.

rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Usually about 2 weeks, maybe longer.

Edit: I only do my toe nails. I never paint my finer nails.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)