Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex = Painful contractions (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ill be 36 wks tomorrow, I haven't lost my mucus plug, and my Dr checked me on the 1st & said I haven't dilated or effaced at all.

I've gotten into a "constantly horny" phase. I guess you can call it a phase.. Anyway, the last two nights, after we have sex, I'll have PAINFUL contractions. I try drinking lots of water, laying on my left side, laying on my right side, hot baths, etc. Walking around only makes it more painful. I know what's causing it, so I know I can prevent it. What I'm wondering is if this means labor will follow soon! My first came two days before her due date, so I cant say I'd be terribly disappointed if my second comes a little early. I'm not wishing for her to come tooo early, just when I'm considered full term..

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LogansMommy0328
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:56 PM
Your bodys probibly getting ready for labor I used to get some contractions after sex but they went away shortly after and don't worry your almost full term and most likely babys lungs should be ready but I hope you hang in there alittle longer good luck mamma she will be there soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bunnywzrd
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Having sex made me  go into labor. WE had to stop having sex when I was about 4 months preggo cause every time we did i would go into labor. When i hit the full term mark i was miserable, so we had sex and I went into labor. Had both of my daughters that way. It doesnt work that way for everyone though.

MommaJ26
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Sex didn't help me go into labor.  At least, I don't think it did.  We did have sex just about every day of my pregnancy.  My daughter was only a week or so early.  I lost my mucus plug almost a month before she came.  I did have contractions after sex most of the time but they weren't anything but Braxton-Hicks and she would get restless sometimes after we had sex.  So I don't know. 

Midget2most
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Ive been having this happen since around the 25 week mark. (I'm 34 weeks now) Since you Dr checked you and all that good stuff I wouldn't worry too much about it. In a few weeks it may be what causes you to go into labor, but ain't no tellin. All I can say is get it while you can. :)

armywife_moma2
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 5:59 PM

u know what that happened to me with my son and i almost went into premature labor i think i was about 4 or 5 mnths i can't remember though but he arrived on time. and it happened with my daughter but it went away after awhile i was 6 mnth when it happened with my daughter she was planned c-section

annamcg18
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Just wait it out til 38 weeks and then go after it again. You want them to stay in as long as possible.

xxlilmomma09
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Orgasms cause contractions. That is why you get those pains. I am only 17 weeks preggo with my third, and I have severe discomfort after sex. It is completely normal. It does not necessarily mean that labor is near at all.

I would just wait it out to me honest. Nothing is going to "start" your labor for you. Your baby will come out as soon as he/she is ready.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)