Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Before/After having children survey

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:22 PM
  • 53 Replies

I was talking to my mom the other day about her life and the style of life she lived, i.e her job, her hopes and dreams, ext. This got me thinking. I'm 27 yo with 2 children and have been married for five years. The life I live today, is very different than before this. My dreams have changed, my hopes and interests too. I'm still "Ashley" but a upgraded version. So, my question to you is how are you different since having kids? Answer these questions by answering them B- before kids and A- after kids... here we go

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?

2. Did you want to go to college?

3. Did you want to be married?

4. Did you want children? If so how many?

5. What kind of person were you? A socialable, mean girl, shy girl, nerdy girl or other?

ok, here are my answers, and please if you have better questions, please add them... I would love to answer them!!

1. B- I wanted to be a veternarian

A- SAHM and full time student

2. B- Not really

A- currently working on my Masters in Psychology

3. B- NEVER

A. Happily married for 5 years

4. B- Never really thought about it

A- 2 boys

5.  B- I was a friendly girl

A- Still very friendly =)

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
holly_peacock
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:34 PM

b. i wanted to be the person that designs costumes for movies.   a. im thinking about going to school to be a pharmacy tech, then a pharmicist.

b.  i wanted to go to FIDM.  i had it all planned out.  a. im going to, it will take longer because i have more responsibility.

b. i never even thought about it.  i didnt think it was for me.  a. im married, and i cant see myself without him.

4. Did you want children? If so how many? b. i always wanted a little boy, girls are cute, but boys are easier to deal with.  a.  i have two girls, and 1 boy.  yeah, hes easier.

5. What kind of person were you? A socialable, mean girl, shy girl, nerdy girl or other?

b.  i was diffrent.  a.  i dont know how to talk to ppl anymore in rl.  i have to get use to it again.

Navywifey2007
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Quoting A.N.N:

I was talking to my mom the other day about her life and the style of life she lived, i.e her job, her hopes and dreams, ext. This got me thinking. I'm 27 yo with 2 children and have been married for five years. The life I live today, is very different than before this. My dreams have changed, my hopes and interests too. I'm still "Ashley" but a upgraded version. So, my question to you is how are you different since having kids? Answer these questions by answering them B- before kids and A- after kids... here we go

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?B: EMT   A:now I'm going for nursing!

2. Did you want to go to college?B:I went right out of high school for 1 yr and it wasn't for me.       A:Now I'm 26 and have been in school for a yr. for nursing and absolutely love it.

3. Did you want to be married?B & A:Absolutely

4. Did you want children? If so how many?B:Right out of high school i didn't want children.     A:I love them now....had my first at 23.

5. What kind of person were you? A socialable, mean girl, shy girl, nerdy girl or other? B:A little shy, also sociable depending on who you were.    A:Now I talk to everybody!

ok, here are my answers, and please if you have better questions, please add them... I would love to answer them!!

1. B- I wanted to be a veternarian

2. B- Not really

A- currently working on my Masters in Psychology

3. B- NEVER

A. Happily married for 5 years

4. B- Never really thought about it

A- 2 boys

5.  B- I was a friendly girl

A- Still very friendly =)

sdwyer
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:47 PM

1. B- I wanted to be a firefighter

2. B- Yes and I was enrolled in the university at my hometown when I got pregnant

A- I go to school full time online now to earn my BA in elementary education

3. B- Some day but I thought it wouldn't happen until I was in my 30's

A. We've been married for a year now (dated longer) and it happened way before I reached my 30's lol

4. B- I did some day but I thought it would've been after I was married.

A- 2 girls. We had our first before we were married and I was a lot younger than I thought I would be

5.  B- I was a very sociable, party girl. I had no responsibilites because my parents took care of everything as long as I was in school so I really wasn't mature at all.

A- I'm still very sociable, but without the partying. My husband and I will have a few drinks with dinner every now and then, but nothing like I used to be

jeenw1019
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM

B- something in the medical field

A- a photographer

B-Yes

A-Yes

B-Yes

A- Been married for 2 1/2 years

B- I was on the fence because I was never a "kid person"

A-  i'm still not a kid person but i LOVE my daughter and she is my favorite person.  she is 14 months old and at the point we say we only want 1 but we have no ruled out having more.  

B-  Very sociable.  Loved to go to clubs and dance the night away

A- I still like to go out but I would much rather go to dinner with my family and go out to the movies with a good friend.  So still sociable but just in a different way. 

Angelbaby08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:49 PM

B. A mommy & wife and working with either children, animals or something that made alot of money.

A. Same thing

B. Yes

A. Am attending

B. Very much

A. Happily married for 3 years :)

B. Yes, two

A. Have a 2 year old daughter and will try for another in a year or so.

B. Sociable

A. Still sociable

H*e*a*t*h*e*r

Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:52 PM

1. What did you want to be when you grew up? A stay at home mom. If that didn't work out, an elementary teacher or nurse who worked in the nursery after babies were born.

2. Did you want to go to college? Yes, but wanted kids while I was young. Maybe go after they got a little older.

3. Did you want to be married? Yep

4. Did you want children? If so how many? At least 3

5. What kind of person were you? A socialable, mean girl, shy girl, nerdy girl or other? A mixture of shy & a social butterfly, if that even makes sense. It takes me awhile to warm up to someone.

DS #1: 10/8/02

DS #2: 2/22/06

DD: 4/4/09 (surprising us @ 36 weeks, 6 days)

MikeysMom51108
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM

B: A nurse

A: CNA, starting nursing school in July

B: Yes, I went for a semester right out of h.s., but dropped out due to finances

A: Starting nursing school in July

B: Yes

A: Married 2 1/2 years now

B: 2 or 3

A: Have a 2 year old, 2nd due in 9 days--most likely not having any more

B: Shy and awkward at first, friendly and fun once I opened up to someone

A: Same

TelynasMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:59 PM

when i was in high school i wanted to be a social worker

now I want to be the office manager of a dr. office

yes

I am back in college (woowhoo)

yes

to my daughters father but if we dont get back together its hard to imagine but i would like to be a wife

yes, no more then 2

the only way i would have another is if it was with the same father but i dont really want anymore and we arent getting back together

super serious but every now and then would let my hair down

I am changing friends and stay home most of the time to keep my daughter away from umhealthy lifestyles. I'm an even bigger prude then I was before lol

Ashton91005
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM

1. B. I wanted to be a veternarian as a kid, when I was in highschool I wanted to be a physcologist

A. Right now I am a SAHM but about to go back to college as a hairdresser in spare time I take pictures for people sorta an amatuer photographer.

2. B. Yes

A. I did go for a while in Medical Billing but I hated it.

3. B. Yes

A. Happily married for 4 years

4. B.  Yes I wanted 2-3 kids

A.  I have a boy and a girl what I always wanted at least

5. B. I was shy but easily warmed up to people.

A. very friendly now

laciD
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM

. What did you want to be when you grew up?

B. I wanted to be an Air force pilot ( I was planning on going to the air force academy)
A. I am planning on becoming a police officer once my children start school

B. Yes

A. I did go to college

B. I met my husband at 17 before that no I didn't. But I knew I wanted to marry him the day I met him (and did marry him 7 months later which was BEFORE I became pregnant)

A... I have been married 6 years and LOVE it.

B. No, I hated children

A... I love being a mommy. I have 2 boys and am trying to conceive #3. I would love 4 all together.

5. What kind of person were you? A socialable, mean girl, shy girl, nerdy girl or other

B... Im not going to lie I was a stuck up spoiled little brat who got everything I wanted the minute I asked. I was very social but was probably considered one of the "mean" girls.

A. I have changed so much. Everything I do is for my family. I am still very social but my circle of friends has changed drastically. I only surround myself with positive, nice people. Im also a SAHM which I never imagined in a million years that I would want to or be happy doing... I love it.

My 2 and 4 year old RIDE REAR FACING, 1 year and 20lbs is the bare minimum to forward face a child, my children deserve better than the minimum.I breastfed (no yucky formula for my boys) breast is BEST. Im a 24 year old SAHM who has been married to the love of my life for 6 years!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)