Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me what you think.....very pic heavy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:31 PM
  • 49 Replies

I'm in the process of building my portfolio to build up my photography skills. Previously I've posted that I was starting my own business and w/ all the comments about my amature state I've decided against it and rather build my skills.

The pictures of my son was a very quick spur of the moment shoot. We were traveling from Georgia to Ohio and I had to pee at a rest area and he was having fun...thus why he's NOT in pants! His shirt is dirty because he'd just got done eatting.

I'd love advice. Also...I'm looking into photography classes but I cannot seem to find any here locally.

There we go! What do you think?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahm_of_rj
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:35 PM

it looks like you have a high quality camera and a knack for catching good candid shots.  He's a cutie :)

JBDslittlemam08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:37 PM

thank you :-)

Quoting sahm_of_rj:

it looks like you have a high quality camera and a knack for catching good candid shots.  He's a cutie :)

carliemarie1015
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM

very cute!

Gizmomommyof2
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Yes I agree I wish i had a nice camera but every time i get a new digital camera some how the kids always break it!!!!

JBDslittlemam08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I just got my Nikon D3000 a few months ago. It was about $600. I used some of our tax money to buy it. I was using a Sony Cybershot...I had to do A LOT of editing to them....with this camera, not much!

Quoting Gizmomommyof2:

Yes I agree I wish i had a nice camera but every time i get a new digital camera some how the kids always break it!!!!

Navywifey2007
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM

He's so cute...he really loves pictures doesn't he? These are good!

ashleydwnng
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Where do you live??

JBDslittlemam08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Savannah, GA

Quoting ashleydwnng:

Where do you live??

Sweet_Britt
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:50 PM

They are good but you keep cutting off his feet!! LOL. Like you get SOME shoe, but you cut off the rest...or the fountain is AWESOME, but part of it is cut off too, like not centered...you know?

Your kiddo is a cutie!!

Katreyden
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I think that you are off to a good start, but before starting your own business I would practice a bit more. Maybe offer some free photoshoots to build your portfollio. I think you did a good job, but make sure to pay attention to the background in your pics, not just your subject. Some of the pics are a bit grainy, so you might want to make sure you master manual mode a bit better (Could be CM upload). There are a ton of great photo groups on here, and lots of the very big photographers offer advice and tips on how to improve. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)