Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if i weren't a mother right now i'd be...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:35 PM
  • 23 Replies

if i didnt go to my friends 18th birthday and meet SO and i wouldnt be a mother right now,

i would of finished my degree working as an accountant.

Id own my own unit and wouldnt be renting.

hopefully engaged and about to get married and start a family.

(i watched a tv show where they had all these alternate endings if just one thing was changed. made me think)

in reality im a sahm/part time student. renting a unit with SO.

Breastfed/self weaned(19mths), Nigerian Australian toddler

baby

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JMKristy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:57 PM

If I weren't a mother right now, I would love to be in some sort of humanitarian job abroad.... once the boys are grown and leading lives of their own, I will be doing that.

In reality, I am a 29 year old  married SAHM mom of 2 wonderful sons! And loving every minute of it!

kaygarcia97
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:00 AM

If I werent a wife & a mother right now I am not even sure I would be alive.

Before hubs and I were married I was headed down a very destructive path. I dont share this alot but why not. I was a drug addict. Coke. Pot. Whatever it was I didnt care and i drank every. single. night. i made a ton of bad choices. I had a 2 month marriage to a man who I didnt even love.

Yes I know it sounds stupid but its the truth. My husband came back into my life and saved me, literally, in every way. I am grateful that he still loves me and he gave me a reason to live.

madleine
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:02 AM
If I weren't a mother right now, I'd be back in north Carolina with some other jerk off guy. Thank you baby!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bright3y3s
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Before hubs and I were married I was headed down a very destructive path. I dont share this alot but why not. I was a drug addict. Coke. Pot. Whatever it was I didnt care and i drank every. single. night. i made a ton of bad choices. I had a 2 month marriage to a man who I didnt even love.

Yes I know it sounds stupid but its the truth. My husband came back into my life and saved me, literally, in every way. I am grateful that he still loves me and he gave me a reason to live.

I don't think this sounds stupid at all. I tell my dh if it wasn't for my ds and him I would be insane, lol! They deffinitely keep me sane and happy! I wouldn't want my life any other way, so I have never really thought about where I would be without them.

kaygarcia97
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Quoting bright3y3s:

Quoting kaygarcia97:

I don't think this sounds stupid at all. I tell my dh if it wasn't for my ds and him I would be insane, lol! They deffinitely keep me sane and happy! I wouldn't want my life any other way, so I have never really thought about where I would be without them.

It is scary to think how different my life was. I cant even imagine what it would be like now but I assume I would be dead, in jail or worse.

chelsayeliz0610
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:09 AM

If I weren't a mother right now, I would probably be an alcoholic just like my dad, before my son I drank 6 nights a week, smoked cig. and pot and hung out with all the wrong people....when i found out I was pregnant I quit drinking, smoking, everything...now i drink an occational glass of wine once in a while to relax and that is about it I still don't smoke or would even think about drugs....my son is my angel and he saved my life from destruction I have no doubt in my mind that I was meant to have him <3

racheljessee
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Quoting kaygarcia97:

. (((hugs))) I'm so glad you found something else to live for. I'm sorry to hear about your past, that's really rough. But i'm sure it's comforting knowing that your little family saved you from all of that.

Simple-Beauty
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:10 AM
I'd be TTC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaygarcia97
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Quoting racheljessee:

Quoting kaygarcia97:

. (((hugs))) I'm so glad you found something else to live for. I'm sorry to hear about your past, that's really rough. But i'm sure it's comforting knowing that your little family saved you from all of that.

Thank You mama. My daughter & my husband are my reason for living now. I love them both so much that I cant believe I tried to wreck my life that way.

MooreMom523
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Quoting bright3y3s:

Quoting kaygarcia97:

It is scary to think how different my life was. I cant even imagine what it would be like now but I assume I would be dead, in jail or worse.

I feel the same way. I grew up the child of a police officer..thought in many ways that I was above the law--definitely thought of myself as indestructible..through a series of events and meeting my husband my life somehow got shoved on track!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)