Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Siblings (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:04 AM
  • 12 Replies

I'm sure a lot of people have siblings.  My question is how many people have YOUNGER siblings (like could be your kids young) ?

I'm 26. I have a 23 year old brother. Then.

I have a 7 year old brother (and a 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter)

Here's the big one!! 

I have a 10 month old brother, he's not adopted he's my biological brother (half)

Anyone else have crazy stuff like this?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WesAndNicksMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:16 AM
hahaha my brother (well, technically half-brother) is 7 weeks younger than my son! they're both 9 years old now btw!
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Nothing like that, no. My youngest sibling is 20.

potchynok
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:17 AM

No younger siblings for me.

Sophie1106
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:20 AM
I don't. My younger sister is 22. But my brother and my uncle, my dad's brother are the same age. Just a few months apart. I always thought that was weird. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:25 AM
i guess i should say that i'm 27, my brother and sister are 25, another brother is 23, another brother is 19, another brother is 17, my other sister is 16 and my little brother is 9 lol
Prayingforbaby1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:25 AM
  • well lets see my younger 6 sibling are

the triplets are 3y/o old

and the next 3 are 2y/o 1y/o and 22days my mom just turned 40 im 22 and all together i have 18 sibling (most are half sibling we range in age from 22 to 22 days)

hopeandglory53
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Nope, but I knew a family like that.

momof3jam
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM
I have a brother that is 7 years younger than me, bit that's all. DH's family has a big age gap.

DH is 27
BIL1 is 24
SIL is 21
BIL2 is 5
BIL3 is almost 3.

(my kids are 8, 3, and 1. It's strange to them to be older than their uncles lol!!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtle-luv
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:50 AM

I am a younger sibling. Im 24 and my oldest sisters (twins) are 43 both their oldest are 18months-2 years younger then me! growing up I hated people calling me their aunt cause we were like the same age and I felt like a freak lol

momxfour
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:57 AM

My youngest biological child and oldest stepchild are 16 years apart. 

My stepdaughter is only 4 years younger than myself - she's almost 18. Twice this week she was carrying the baby around and someone assumed she was his mother. She thought it was pretty humorous. For the rest of the day, whenever he was crying or needed a diaper, she would say "Okay, you can go to your OTHER mommy, now!"

Even when I was in labor with him, she was there with me, and the various nurses that came in kept guessing "Sisters? Best friends?" she just smiled and replied "Yeah, sure, you could say that..."

It's not a traditional arrangement but it doesn't bother anyone (of us). I usually introduce myself to her friends and teachers initially as "Her father's wife," but she says that sounds cold and actually prefers "Step-mom."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)