Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he thinks i'm crazy and need help

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:36 AM
  • 11 Replies

so last night my bf and i had some friends over because one of my friends is moving to ga. so we had music on and we were having a nice time, then i heard my son crying so i ran to the room to take care of him, when i came back to the living room i told my friend "shane was crying for god knows how long and i could barely hear him bc the fucken music is to loud" so then my bf pulled me into the bathroom and told me off saying i embarrassed him. and since i dont stay shut i was defending myself saying i didnt do anything wrong nor did i embarrass him. and the fight continued so i left, i went to go for a walk when i came back we started fighting again, he told me if i dont go to a therapist he can't be with me anymore. and when i try venting to him he tells me "i cant help u, u need to see a therapist" so i slept on the couch last night i went to sleep at like 3am. this morning he put the twins in the living room so i could take care of them while he went back to sleep its 9:30 am and hes still in bed mind you weekends are supposed to be my days to sleep in since i wake up for them during the week. i havent had sleep in 2 weeks and he doesnt care. idk what to do ive been crying since last night wheni try working things out he shuts me out..

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SnowboardMama4
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Well I can't really give any advice considering we're only hearing one side of the story, I guess you needing to see a therapist depends on how you acted & what you said during the fight.

You saying you couldn't hear your son because the music was too loud wasn't crazy, I would have said the same thing.  But like I said, I don't know what was really goin on to make him say that!

rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM

So....you told YOUR friend that you couldn't hear the baby because the music was loud....and your boyfriend flipped out? Sounds like he's the one in need of a therapist.

Mama32309
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM
He sounds like he needs a therapist and needs to grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Ditch him. He's an ass. I would have been pissed too that I couldn't hear my child crying. 

Jewels11
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Quoting rockinmomto2:

So....you told YOUR friend that you couldn't hear the baby because the music was loud....and your boyfriend flipped out? Sounds like he's the one in need of a therapist.

What she said^^^^^^. I was in a similar  situation about 2 years ago (in our first year of marriage), that I needed to see a therapist or my DH would divorce me and if the therapy didn't help then he would. I've been seeing my therapist since the first year of marriage and we are heading into our 3rd year this Sept. Its helped some what but DH still thinks I need to work on my issues. Now I'm not sure what was said in your fight but yea I agree with the above poster. I'd be upset too if my DH played music too loud and I couldn't hear our baby. Our little one isn't here yet (26 wks preggo) but if this does happen to me, I'd prolly react the same way you did.

peytonwyattmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I think you need to tell him that he needs to sleep on the couch! your the woman and you had the twins... you get that right! that is just me..... i am a very dominant woman! The way i grew up made me that way! And what you probably need to do is go to doctor and get evaluated for happy pills just to make him happy and tell him to do the same! =)

copaface
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:04 AM

thank you ladies ive been crying all night and morning and i totally agree with u girls i think he needs therapy but he is in denial

nf1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM

i`m so sorry,something wrong with him!!!

MotherRachelle
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Maybe you both can go to some sort of couples therapy so you can work on your issues together. I'm sorry you had such a rough night. Me and my fiance in the past had some rough issues we had to work out and couples therapy really helped us.

racheljessee
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM
I'm sorry if this offends you but he sounds like a raging chauvanistic asshole who needs a good slap across his smart ass mouth. That is no way to treat the woman he loves and the mother of his children. I can't stand men that try to twist everything to make it seem like the woman's fault. If you can't hear your baby crying cause the music is too loud, you DO have a right to be angry- your child is more important than his friends or his reputation, and if he can't take the time to listen to you than he doesn't deserve you. No, he's not your therapist, but as a partner it's his job to be there for you and vice versa. I'm sorry, I don't mean to rant, it just makes me so mad to hear about guys that are so callous and manipulative. (((big hugs)))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)