Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get published if you write a book?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM
  • 7 Replies

I know Ive heard that Stephanie Myer just sent hers into a couple companies and one picked up her twilight book but is it really that easy? Im thinking of writing a book I loved writing when I was younger but when I got older I drifted away from it because I found boys a little too interesting lol just curious thanks

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sophie1106
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:17 PM
I think you send it to an editor and if they like it they send it to publishing company. But I'm not exactly sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angi07
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM

anyone else?

angi07
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:53 AM

BUMP!

bigmommasmomma
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM

google  it?

DeacnConsMom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I did a report on this senior year in highschool because I wanted to be a writer. I forget a lot of what I researched honestly but the one thing I remember is that nooooooooo its not typically that easy. lol A lot of publishers don't want to read an entire book they are far to busy to deal with everyone who thinks they are a novelist...lol so they like you to send in the basis of the story and see if they are interested. Sometimes write a few chapters...send it in...and if they are interested they will ask you to continue on with the book.

HotMommaStout
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:21 AM

It ain't easy. A lot of publishers...especially the big famous ones will not even look at your manuscript unless you have already been published or have an agent. I know this because I have written and Illustrated a children's cook and I am having trouble finding a publisher to even submit it to. I am also currently writing a novel...so we will see if that goes anywhere either...

angi07
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I didnt think it was easy but Im excited to start thanks girls :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)