Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

iud removal

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM
  • 23 Replies

can anyone who had the mirena and had it removed tell me how long it took for your period to come back after the removal?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saduncan
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM

a day.  lol  but from what i've read it can take up to a couple weeks and can last anywhere from 5-30 days.  i just had mine taken out monday, i've bled since then but it's starting to slow down.  i had a period monthly for the past year so i think that made it not so bad now.

thetammy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM

oh i didnt have it for 2 years, i had some spotting and light period about 3 days after removal, for  about 4-5 days. now its been over 30 days since the spotting and no period yet.

DylansMom213
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Well I was bleeding when they took my Mirena out...I bled the entire time I had it in, which was like 4 or 5 months. Then after removal I bleed for almost two weeks, nonstop. I will never get another IUD again!

mrsmoore02
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I've had mine out for about 2 weeks and haven't bled a single drop.  Of course, I haven't had a period in 3 years so it might take my cycle a little bit to get back on track.

saduncan
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM

i was just talking to my friend about this, she had hers removed a couple months ago.  i guess it can take up to six months for your body to re-regulate.  spotting may happen until then.

C-K-Csmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I took it out 2 days before my period was suppose to start and it started on its regular day. I didn't spot after the removal either.

Barronbaby
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:59 PM
about a month or 2 not positive got it out oct and was prego by dec
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadensmomi823
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I had mine taken out april first i had some spotting right  after and then a light period a week later. then didnt have anything until may 12th then i had a full blown period. and june 16th found out i was prego :)

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Like a week. Not very long. I was so glad, though. It was REALLY heavy, and REALLY long, so be prepared.

JustUsGirls321
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Quoting DylansMom213:

Well I was bleeding when they took my Mirena out...I bled the entire time I had it in, which was like 4 or 5 months. Then after removal I bleed for almost two weeks, nonstop. I will never get another IUD again!

I have the paraguard, and I have never had any trouble at all. I have one that doesn't have any hormones, so it doesnt mess with your period or make you gain wieght or anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)