Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is that a girl?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:42 PM
  • 19 Replies
Ok so, my dd is three months old. And i have had people, about five different times ask me if its a girl or boy. She is almost always in pink. Her carseat is pink. And i usually put her hair in a pony tail. Normally i say yeah she is a girl. A couple times i have said "dont you see all the pink?" but yesterday, my bff and i were out and Haylie was in her pink carseat, in a green and pink outfit and her hair was up and this girl goes "Aww your baby is cute. Is it a girl?" i politely said yes. But the next time someone asks me if she is a girl... Im going to say "no. Im training him to be a drag queen!" bahaha! It took alot for me to not say it to the girl yesterday. But she was only like fifteen. I cant wait for the next person to ask. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkiJ86
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:45 PM

LOL, people used to ask me that all the time with both of my kids.It was annoying but I was glad that they asked instead of assuming they were girls(I have boys).

jessarendt22
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:46 PM

lol are people color blind?

cage0101
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM

you should so do that  lmao, i used to get asked that all the time with DS one time i will never forget, we were at the store and this lady came up to me and said "awe how cute is it a boy or girl" well he had a blue outfit on that clearly read " BEFORE YOU ASK I'M A BOY" lol yeah some people...

lele09
I get that too. My son will be dressed in blue and people ask if he's is it a boy or girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaK0809
My DD had on a hot pink dress with a pink bib that said princess on it. She even had a headband on and this idiot asked me the same question. I'm thinking WOW! Are you stupid? Next time, I'm just going to be like "no, it's a boy!" Just to see what they say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dababiesdreams
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:52 PM
i got a good one.....when my daughter was 2 mo...i had her dressed in 3 layers of pink and purple (she's a winter baby), this woman was waiting in line for the changing table....watched me change my dd, put her 3 layers of pink and purple, adjust her head band and as soon as i picked her up the lady told me how cute my little boy was....i asked her if she was color blind...she wasn't but she turned really red after that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I hated that with my DD. My daughter didn't have any hair, but I always had her in pink and clothes with cute ruffles. When we were getting her Christmas pics done when she was 4m old these two women walking in front of us to get to the picture place kept turning around and gawking at her and kept saying, "what a cute little boy" I got SO fed up that I said, "she's a GIRL, can't you see her damn dress?" lol! I can't stand that crap...use some freaking common sense. No lady, I love putting my BOY in pretty girly dresses. Seriously?? 

magenl
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM
Aw I remember these two old ladies came up to us at the mall and were going all crazy over DD but they kept calling her HIM! I thought maybe they didn't know any better so I just smiled.
When DD was born she was placed in NICU and the nurse I was talking to kept saying HIM and I was like, you know she's a girl right? And she tells me, oh we call all the babies him... Yea right you just don't know what your talkin about... Seriously SHE shoulda known, she was the one taking care of her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DylansMom213
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:06 AM

People are just stupid sometimes. I think they feel like it's safer to ask a baby's gender rather than just assume. But that's happened to me with my son a few times. Once he was wearing a shirt that was blue with blue jeans and his shirt said, "Mama's Little Man" or something like that and someone said to me, "Oh what a precious little girl!" So I know how you feel! It's so frustrating!

JMKristy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:14 AM

LOL!! At least they ask! My second son was ALWAYS in some sort of boy type clothing, but yet every single time we went out people always said "Oh, SHE is so cute!" I was always polite and corrected them, then they would say it's b/c he had such pretty eyes or hair. But I just wanted to slap them and ask if they may have noticed his clothing, blankets or car seat!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)