Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hurt

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

So my best friend called a couple of days ago. We're talking about certain things, well my marriage came up. It hasn't been the greatest the past couple of months. But we're going to counseling and getting help. We just had our first child a lil girl back in March.  And I might be preggo again. Well my friend says 'there's way to take care of that'. I'm shocked at that, I asked if she meant abortion. And she said yes, she said if I am not able to protect my first child, how can I the second. She also brought up the fact i can't afford another baby. It hurt so bad, I told her I had to go. Hung up and began bawling my eyes out. I felt awful, like I'm not a good mother or wife. Sorry for the vent, it just hurt. I would never get rid of a child over money or anything else, it's not their fault. And I would not get rid of an innocent life by any means. 

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Juniors3Girls
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:50 PM
Does your friend have kids? I am guessing not. Also momma some people just have no idea when comes to using nice words instead of harsh ones I am sorry she was so bad to you :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amandalukassen
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:54 PM

she has a 7 month old lil girl, that is way i was so shocked! my hubby thought it was because she was just jealous. i don't know. 

DylansMom213
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Sometimes even when people have the best of intentions, they stick their feet in their mouths. I would've been hurt too. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

proudmama0809
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:03 AM

That is awful. My cousin said the same thing to me when I got pregnant with my daughter. My son was 7 months at the time. And there is just no way that I could ever do that. There is always someone out there that will help you if you need it. There is no reason to end something so precious. Stay strong and remember that there are people that will stand by you!!!

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Wow. How heartless!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)