Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yes im italian and p.r. and he is black

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:59 AM
  • 17 Replies
I notice that ppl...mostly older ppl have a problem seeing me..im italian and puerto rican...with my husband...he is black.....together... Why is it....what os the big deal about interracial couples...i need some input on how diff. Ppl feel......bash if u want...its normal....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nitabunni
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:24 AM

Okay...so what now....shall we dance? j/k

Yeah, I just finished posting something that the main people that have such a big probem with IRR are people that are either in unhappy relationships or non-existent relationships themselves. It's something to think about when factoring in just how much their apparent disdain actually matters. Generally normal individuals in happy, loving relationships are too wrapped up in their own lives to pout about what makes someone else happy.

Nicksgirl419212
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:09 AM

I don't think that is it nitabunni, I have seen a lot of people in happy relationship make comments about interracial couples - it is purely racism, sad racism still exists today, but it does. 

justmy4kids
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:27 AM

My husband and I get that sometimes. I'm Italian, Native American, and Mexican so of course I'm much darker than he is and we always get asked what we are doing together or somebody will ask him why he is with a Mexican........ :( I just tell them to get lost, get a life and get over it.

unsuspected
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:30 AM

Quoting Nicksgirl419212:

I don't think that is it nitabunni, I have seen a lot of people in happy relationship make comments about interracial couples - it is purely racism, sad racism still exists today, but it does. 

Photobucket
xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:36 AM

I just posted on your other post.

momma-flynn
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM

can you put up a family pic? your other post got me curious ;-) 

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM

some people are just douchebags. they can't accept anything they they see as 'different'. they have a hard time remembering that we are all human, and that ALL humans look, act, believe, talk, etc etc. etc.   DIFFERENTLY.  

RybugsMommy07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:12 AM

i get it al the time my husband is hispanic and i'm white we get all kinds of comments thrown our way all the time.

ceolasmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:16 AM

We get that too I am whit and hubby is hispanic. All that matters is you are happy..... Screw those people who give the looks and comments.:)

1st_time_mom789
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:36 AM

i know how you feel...when my fiance and i first started dating everyone was staring. we still get the occasional ppl who stare at us now and we've been together for 7 years. i'm italian and he's puerto rican and because he is of caramel color and i am white we shouldn't be together??? i think not. it doesn't matter what color you are as long as you are loved and you love back   <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)