Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ready to run away :(

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

i am so fed up with it.. my 6 y/o dd is driving me crazy! everyday is the same thing... attitude from h*ll! Today she screamed like she was being killed cuz my stepson hit her with a toy, then she kneed him in the face cuz he wouldn't let her by, then she looked at me like i'm stupid cuz i told her to put the candy away. Then my s/o went into the kitchen to talk to her and she completely ignored him and gave him a nasty look... it's my day off - i wanted to have fun and play games and such with all 3 kids and now i wanna be at work just to get away from it all. She had me in tears before cuz i just talked to her about her attitude and behavior 3 days ago.. i just dont know what to do anymore! :(

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeandglory53
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Sounds like my life...only make 6 year old daughter into 9 with the same attitude...oh, and minus the hub cuz he's deployed...and add another child in the mix :/

I keep threatening my husband when he gets home, I'm going to a hotel for a week just to get away from the kids!

Bella14308
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM

my s/o is now in the bedroom and im sittin on the couch cryin cuz she is starting to come between us

hopeandglory53
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I'm sorry to hear :(

britme1027
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:37 PM

she sounds like she is acting out for attention you have to let her know it is not ok to act like this and that ur boss .i would try being a lil harder on her and maybe set up a day for just you and her to do something by ur selves she may need that

yayay15
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:37 PM

you just have to keep talking to her.  All kids have their moments and they all go through these "stages"  Just stick to your word...don't show her that it gets to you and keep working on it.  Kids are hard!

Alexz_Mommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM

i'm sorry you're going through all this :'( i'm right there with ya momma!!! 

i understand being a working mom is so much... could she possibly be doing it for attention? maybe try doing something just the 2 of you (a sport, girl scouts, mother daughter bowling?)

good luck sweetie!!

AmberHoffman
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM

There might be another reason behind it. Maybe she is jealous, or wants more attention from you. Something to make her act like this. Maybe sometime after she does this, send her to her room. And a little bit later go in there and talk to her, and ask her why she is doing this? U might be surprised.

super_mom_5
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:49 PM
i know how u feel. I have two 7, a 6, a 5, and a 4 y/o daughters that i swear try to kill each other almost everyday. Just hang in their momma. Show dd that she cant act that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:33 PM

I'm sorry momma. I know what you are going through. My daughter is 10 and has the worst attitude. She can be the sweetest thing when she wants to be though.

Her new thing is when I am talking to her to pretend she doesn't hear me and then look at me and go "huh" in a really snotty way when I am done. She also loves to scream at her brothers for supposedly doing things they aren't supposed to be doing while I am in the same room.

Makes me glad she is spending three weeks with her dad soon...lol.

Bella14308
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:03 PM

i already do this and the answer is always "i dont know"

Quoting AmberHoffman:

There might be another reason behind it. Maybe she is jealous, or wants more attention from you. Something to make her act like this. Maybe sometime after she does this, send her to her room. And a little bit later go in there and talk to her, and ask her why she is doing this? U might be surprised.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)