Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe this will work?!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

So, this morning my 4 year old (she's not potty trained because she had to have bladder recontructive surgery back in Oct and has since reverted from panties to diapers...and I've tried EVERY trick in the book and NOTHING is helping) brought down the new pack of Pull Ups. I know there's still TONS of Pull Ups from the last pack scattered across my living room (how the heck that happens, I'll never know...). She said, "But those are all Belle. I don't like Belle." (The Pull Ups have 2 designs. One is just Belle, which Kay-Lynn wears, the other is 3 princesses, which is what Laura, my 4 year old, wears.)

So I told her...you either wear Belle, or go put some panties on and actually go potty in the toilet because I am NOT opening the new pack when there's still so many from the last pack. I guess time will tell?

P.S. She poos in the potty, but she won't pee in it (unless she's pooing or I remind her every hour, but then I get "but I don't need to go!").

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BaileynMe
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Maybe she has a hard time telling WHEN she has to pee because of the surgery? 

Good luck mama. That's gotta be frustrating, even if there's a legitimate medical excuse. 

hopeandglory53
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:05 PM

That's the only thing I can think of because every time I ask the doctor "its perfectly normal." I'm sorry, but a 4 year old still in diapers shouldn't be "normal." :/

Oh, and she'll be 5 in a little under 2 months.

Juniors3Girls
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:05 PM
Good luck momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ryansmommy07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM

bump

hopeandglory53
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Nope, she's decided to wear Belle :(

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Quoting hopeandglory53:

Nope, she's decided to wear Belle :(

It was worth a shot. 

Have you considered taking her to another doctor, for another opinion about it? It COULD just be psychological (maybe it hurt after the surgery, that kind of thing) but it could also be physical. You could try therapy too and see if that helps. Other than that I'd take it a day at a time and try to work with her as much as possible. Again, good luck mama! 

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

hopeandglory53
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:29 PM

She is suppose to be going to see Urologist again soon, getting more sonograms done of her tummy, etc, making sure everything is working properly.

I cannot just simply take her to another doctor considering we are Tricare Prime. I would have to get a reference from her doctor/Tricare in order to take her somewhere else. I'll be taking her in for 5 year well child when daddy is back, so we'll see.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)