Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any north carolina moms

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:02 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am from mass, and my fiance and i would like to move down to nc, but we arent familiar with teh state, we dont know a good inexpensive area that we could raise our children. we want a safe neighbor hood with good schooling does any one have any suggestions!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
valdamien5
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:07 PM

BUMP!

joshuasmomma100
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:09 PM

hey momma...we lived in nc 2yrs ago and moved back to my home state...we lived in betweem charlotte and the mountains..so, a town calle lincolnton...it was nice...we lived near a school sorta out of town and it was nice..not sure how much in town costs but the cost of living outside of town wasn't too bad. hope this helps.

BEXi
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Im in Raleigh/Durham area.. Durham has some of the cheapest places to live around here, however, you have to make sure you are in a good neighborhood (North Durham is the best bet).

BEXi
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I want to add i've lived here for 11 years.. Im not going anywhere because I like it so much.

valdamien5
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:19 PM

ok thank you that is really helpful we will check it our around there

LaMamiDeJase
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I live in Raleigh (wake county) and its really nice here, and safe, the schools are good too, apartments and houses are cheap. Ive been here for abt 4 yrs, i went to highschool here and i love it. Idk if u live in a city up there, but u have to have a car here and right now thats a problem for us and the fact that i miss my family in NJ.

superexcitedmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:27 PM
I live in the charlotte area! some parts are expensive some are not but the rock hill area is nice its just across the border in sc.... but 15min from charlotte... plenty of hings to do and a lot of variety! cms (i think) is a good school district...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbennett26
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:28 PM

dont come to Wilson or Clayton both are awful!!!!

LogansMommy0328
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:32 PM
I live in jacksonville its a military town my hubby is getting out next month but willmington is beautiful and seems pretty peacful as for the prices I have no idea but I'm from md and everything is cheaper here compared to there good luck and be ready for 115 degree temps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jsjnowell
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Im in SANFORD... About 30 min or so WEST of RAleigh and I LOVE IT HERE.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)