• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know if it's safe for me to go to a concert while preggers?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:08 PM
  • 23 Replies

Ok, so my fiance' & I usually go to about at LEAST one concert a year. Last year we went to see METALLICA in Tampa in October & it was freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Anyways, there's a concert that I really REALLY wanna go to in a few weeks, & they'll have seats _(cause it's in an Arena, ) so I can sit down.....

I just wanted to be sure that it would be safe for the little baby ears inside me before we go ahead & buy the tickets.....

I'm going to ask my doctor when I go in tomorrow, I was just wondering if anyone on here knew.....

you rock

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katie1204
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:10 PM

youll be fine. id be more worried about a drunken idiot ramming into your belly then the loud music. i went to a concert when i was pregnant and just stayed towards the back the avoid the drunks....

momof3jam
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Ditto
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cpflum08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I went to a concert to see Pink Floyd when i was 3 months preggers with my DD and she can out just fine
:)

Brianav
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Quoting katie1204:

youll be fine. id be more worried about a drunken idiot ramming into your belly then the loud music. i went to a concert when i was pregnant and just stayed towards the back the avoid the drunks....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilahsmommie
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:13 PM

As long as you are not in the pit or something that puts you at a higher risk of a fall, or a hit you AND BABY are fine to go to a concert. I don't think there is a sound loud enough th damage a babys ears while inside the womb. They can hear in there, but it is not like you hear. Honestly your stomach is probably louder to the baby than the loudest concert would be. I hope you have fun at the concert!

lucy4891

I went to go see Lynyrd Skynyrd when i was 7 months pregnant! There were no problems or anything like that!

BEXi

LOL

Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:14 PM
I went to a nascar race during my first pregnancy. The Dr said it was fine and babies are very well protected.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleya1982
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:14 PM

When I was pregnant with my first child, I went to a few concerts and even went dancing at a club around 8 months. Everything was fine. I knew my limits and didn't over do it. Now I also didn't have any complications with that pregnancy and was very active throughout. This pregnancy I have been having a little bleeding and am carrying my placenta very low, so I wouldn't dream of doing anything so physical this time around. I think that it all depends on the situation your belly is in now and how much you are doing on a regular basis. But if you feel fine and have had no inconsistencies with your pregnancy so far, I am sure you will be fine. Go have fun but pay special attention to how you and your body are feeling throughout.

Jewels11
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I asked this question awhile ago on the Pregnancy forum and alot of moms said it was ok and that they did it too. DH and I go to concerts also and theres one band we wanna see and its Creed! They are coming in August and I'll be about 33 wks pregnant by then. We got the seating area so I could also sit. Its a semi-inclosed arena.  I also wanted to go to the Mayhem Festival (Korn, Lamb of God, In This Moment, Five Finger Death Punch, Winds of Plague etc) in July but knowing the crowds from last time we went, I would NEVER go pregnant. We would most likely be in the Lawn area and theres a ton of stages we would have to walk around to and stand to listen to the music. Too many mosh pits, smokers and drinkers. Plus its an ALL DAY event in the summer time outside......So yea I'm NOT going to that one but DH is going with his brother though. He can have a good time with his brother  (guys day out) before the baby comes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)