• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Migraines During Pregnancy (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have a history of really bad migraines and I always have. I am talking they last WEEKS not days (longest one was like 5wks). Usually I have to go to the ER and they give me some weirdo concoction and I end up sleeping for like hours on end. Well now that I am pregnant (5.5wks) I dont know what to do about them. I have pregnancy safe migraine meds but even they arent working this time. Its Fioricet and I've taken it when I wasnt pregnant and works pretty well.

I just dont remember what my midwife said about migraines during pregnancy or when to be actually concerned and go to the ER. Does anyone know?

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommy3378
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:46 PM

if your vision changes, dots in front of the eyes, seeing double, fuzzy vision.

Or if the pain is intense to the point you can't function.

I also had horrible migraines, the only thing that worked for me was Excedrin tension headache (ITS DOES NOT HAVE ASPRIN IN IT!)

mommyagain
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Iam 17 weekspregnant, ands my dr. said I could take excedrine migraine.

mommy0708toJC
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:52 PM

the only thing i can say to do is sleep, its the bodys natural way of getting ride of them. Or go to the er and make sure everything is okay and see whats available to stop them while being pregnant and go from there. try talking to your doc and see what your options are best of luck.

sweetiepie81
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM

i also have really bad migraines that started at about 8 wks.  before that i've never had migraines. my ob also prescribed fioricet and they do nothing at all to help the pain.  i really hope u get better b/c migraines for weeks at a time must be torture plus everything else ur going through.  i dont know of any other meds but i'm quite sure u cant take aspirin.  if ur vision is blurry and u aren't able to do daily activities i will suggest speaking to ur ob.

kaygarcia97
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:05 PM

This one has been hanging around for about two days now. I told the idiot doc in the ER yesterday and he just nodded like "sureeee ok" but never told me what to do, never gave me anything then again he didnt listen to me @ all anyway. When I was pregnant with Ellie I know towards the end like last trimester they told me if it didnt go away in X amount of hours even with meds to go to the ER but that was at like 30wks and up. Being so early I think they'd laugh at me. I have this weird little squiggle in my vision its only really noticebale when I close my eyes its like a pattern or something. No blurry vision or spots. I am kind of ligthheaded but I chalk that up to early pregancy. Feels like a damn hangover. I forgot how much I hated being pregnant (till about 15wks then I LOVE IT)

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
MrsBoyle09
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:33 AM

I have been on migraine preventative for my migraines for 2 years, but since I'm pregnant my neurologist told me that they would be back. She was right, she also said they usually go away, or lessen after the 2nd trimester starts. She was definitely right about that. Once I got into the 2nd trimester I really haven't had anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)