Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

carseat ? Piog

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:13 PM
  • 7 Replies
my 9 month old is almost out grown his infant carrier his head is 2 inches from rim so I need to go out and buy a rear facing convertable. What kind does everyone have and what do you like and dislike about it? Thanks so much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
exquizitemami
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I have the TFP (True Fit Premier).

Tall shell

Lock offs (which I think other car seats do have)

Rebound bar

No rethreading

Dislikes:

Very bulky

Difficult (at times) to make the straps tight.

Over all, I love the seat and I hear plenty of good things about the seat :)

Oh and there is a car seat group on here if you didn't know. They are very helpful :)

rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I have a My Ride 65, and I really love it. My baby is 6 months, and she seems to like it. She falls asleep really easily in it, and it'll fit her for a long time. It is a bit bulky, but it's lightweight. It's also really easy to install!

mama_girl07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I have a TFp as well and love the tall shell,  no rethread harness,lockoffs, cover, and anti redbound bar. Dislikes harness is sometimes tricky to tighten but ive gotten it down and its very wide.

I also have a ETA(Evenflo Triumph Advance)

I love the no rethread harness, tightening knob, the cover, the easy-ness to install. Dislike I think is jsut that it doesnt have straps covers so it makes my daughters neck red but it doesnt seem to bother her so its no a huge deal.

MamaPeanut
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I have the MyRide 65 and LOVE it!

It rear-faces up to 40 lbs and forward-faces up to 65 lbs (so it will last a LONG time)

It's very comfortable

It's very easy to install in a vehicle

It's very easy to adjust the straps

It's reasonably priced (anywhere from $88 to $149)

Dislikes:

It's a bit bulky, making a 3 across very unlikely

miller060905
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:43 PM

i right now have forward facing seats for my girls since they are 5 yrs and 3 1/2.... but if i ever had another child I would defintely get the   Graco My Ride 65!  I currently have the Graco Nautilus seats

Barronbaby
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:34 PM
thanks this will help my dh and I pick a new seat for ds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
All4OneN1forAll
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM

we have an alpha omega elite by safety first, we HATE it, do not buy one! It is cumbersome and to big, so hard to fit and we drive a mid size suv crossover! we are looking into buying either the True fit Premiere or Graco My Ride 65. I'm just waiting for dh to looks at them (he's deployed) online and I'm going this weekend to see how they fit our daughter and suv.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)