• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:26 PM
  • 43 Replies

Hi ladies,

So do you? I was having a conversation with a friend about this and she asked me if I thought there was a reason for everything, even the bad things.

I think everything does have a reason. I'm not religious or anything, but I think there is a certain order to the universe. For example, I had my DD when I was young, 2 months shy of my 21st birthday. I was a senior in college but still able to finish...I never dreamed of having kids that young. Heck, I didn't even know if I wanted kids. But, I was diagnosed with bone cancer last year and my treatments will likely leave me infertile (95% chance of infertility afterwards). So, in a way, I see that I had DD young because I probably won't be able to have children later in life.

Just wondering what everyone else thinks!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiebrubaker

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajtherad
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I definitely believe it. I'd go into detail, but it'd turn into a rather long novel. ;P

kleigh24
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:30 PM

i think so

JenniL05
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Honestly? No. I believe that things happen regardless and it's how we react that makes us who we are. Like your story for example...What if you had not had children young and then found out you were infertile? You could adopt and that child would be your "destiny that was meant to be." That child would have been the "reason" for why that happened to you. Don't get me wrong, yours is a beautiful story! I am just far too practical. ;)

Bella14308
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:35 PM

i deffinately believe everything happens for a reason... i had my 2 girls by the time i was 20 and now my dr wants to remove one ovary since the cyst i had was malignant so i may not be able to get preggo again which is why we are trying now. 

CallieLynsMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Oh, I understand your viewpoint too! That's how my friend also thinks, she believes that things just happen and people make rhyme and reason for it afterwards.

Quoting JenniL05:

Honestly? No. I believe that things happen regardless and it's how we react that makes us who we are. Like your story for example...What if you had not had children young and then found out you were infertile? You could adopt and that child would be your "destiny that was meant to be." That child would have been the "reason" for why that happened to you. Don't get me wrong, yours is a beautiful story! I am just far too practical. ;)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiebrubaker

kristin_1984
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM

i think it does

Turtle-luv
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Sometimes I think it seems that way. but ultimately I think it's just seeing the positive aspects of something negative you (you in general) had no control over. I think it's a good thing to see it that way but I don't think everything happens for a reason. Ive had shitty things happen that there is no way there is some kind of a positive purpose for it, so Im kind of biased     : /

mrsnash
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I think everything in life happens for a reason, I am religious and believe God has a plan we do not understand.

I also have a similar story. My husband and I had our wedding planned for June 21, 2008. We had been planning for almost 2 years cause where we wanted to have it was booked that far in advance for the time of year. In October 2007 we found out I was 11 and 1/2 weeks pregnant (I was on BC). We moved our wedding to a smaller place around home and got married Feb. 2, 2008 and had DD may 15, 2008. In December 2008 I was in a really bad car accident and due to treatments and medication (I may never be able to stop either), it's doubtful we will be able to have anymore children. I always wanted two kids, just not so soon. I planned on being married at least a couple years...ya know enjoy the young married life :) first, then have kids. At least now even if I am not able to have more children, I will have my precious DD.

Sweet_Holly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:43 PM

To some point yes.. I believe Hashem ( G-d ) blesses Me as long as I continue to do good deeds.. in that Good things happen and they are for reason.. if something bad happens I believe it has happened for reason and only good will follow.

❤♥RawR أنا جميل RawR♥❤

mrsnash
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Quoting Turtle-luv:

Sometimes I think it seems that way. but ultimately I think it's just seeing the positive aspects of something negative you (you in general) had no control over. I think it's a good thing to see it that way but I don't think everything happens for a reason. Ive had shitty things happen that there is no way there is some kind of a positive purpose for it, so Im kind of biased     : /

I have had a lot of really bad things happen to me in my life also. I wish a million times they didn't or that I could at least erase the memories of it....but it makes me who I am today and I would not change that for anything.... Take the good with the bad I guess..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)