Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

military boyfriend question

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:58 AM
  • 26 Replies

ok so the last few months i have been talking to this great guy named kurt. he is a paratrooper for the army :) we met a few weeks ago and things have been going great! we met eachother families and he is great with my daughter well while i was visting him this weekend ( he lives a hour away) he asked me to be his girlfriend ( conry yes i know) so we have been dating a few days now and i want to know if i can join a military fourm here for wives and girlfriends just to get adivce and stuff, he has 5more years in and can be deployed which scares me so i'm hoping someone here can show me the form and please don't freaking bash me yes i know i just started dating this guy but i have friends in the military to and i don't do it for the stats in fact i almost didn't even talk to kurt because he was military, it just wasn't something i thought i could handle. thanks for the help ladies

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pandorasbox69
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:00 AM

you can find a group by the post he is at, or military wives unleashed, just search for military wive groups. But good luck, because they might not let you in.

skyelyns_mommie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:14 AM

yea i kinda figured cause we aren't married or anything but girlfriends could use advice to! like if he gets deployed this year idk what to do or how to handle it but thanks for the advice

AMarineLovesMe
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:15 AM

Military Moms is a good group, usually stays fairly drama free and can be helpful for those with questions.

Mama291024
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:18 AM

Sure! I think you would need support too, there are a few groups for military wives and girlfriends, but they aren't very active. I think it's be ok if you went ahead and joined the military moms group.

ksanders_85
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:18 AM

If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask. My husband got back in January after being deployed for a year. 

Quoting skyelyns_mommie:

yea i kinda figured cause we aren't married or anything but girlfriends could use advice to! like if he gets deployed this year idk what to do or how to handle it but thanks for the advice

IAmPregnant Ticker
~Kat~Due~Dec 4th 2010~

roxy85
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:21 AM

I'm an admin for Military Wives: Unleashed. I'm going to assume pandorasbox69 wasn't talking about my group when she said they might not let you in since she's not even a member. The name has wives in it, but we let in anyone with an affiliation to the miltiary. We have moms, sisters, cousins, girlfriends, wives, and even ex-wives. We have many active forums with lots of support and also our fun drama filled forum, haha. Many of us are friends in real life and we do CM chats pretty frequently. Just let them know Roxy sent you.

Link ~~~> Military Wives: Unleashed

pandorasbox69
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:23 AM

I wasn't talking about your group in general, and I thought I was a member lol. I must have been kicked out for not responding or whatever. my account was dead for like 6 months. oh well LOL

Quoting roxy85:

I'm an admin for Military Wives: Unleashed. I'm going to assume pandorasbox69 wasn't talking about my group when she said they might not let you in since she's not even a member. The name has wives in it, but we let in anyone with an affiliation to the miltiary. We have moms, sisters, cousins, girlfriends, wives, and even ex-wives. We have many active forums with lots of support and also our fun drama filled forum, haha. Many of us are friends in real life and we do CM chats pretty frequently. Just let them know Roxy sent you.

Mama291024
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Here is the link for military moms: http://www.cafemom.com/group/107984?ct=search_top

And just so you know, Military wives unleashed is an uncensored group, I know not everyone likes uncensored groups.

roxy85
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:30 AM

Oh yeah, we have the group set to automatically delete anyone who's not active for three months or so.

Quoting pandorasbox69:

I wasn't talking about your group in general, and I thought I was a member lol. I must have been kicked out for not responding or whatever. my account was dead for like 6 months. oh well LOL

Quoting roxy85:

Party Balloons Child Birthday Ticker
Join my group for EUROPEAN AMERICAN MAMAS!
TempestRayne
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM

There you go, OP.  You practically got an invite to a military group :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)