Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Moms Make It Through Pregnancy WITHOUT Stretch Marks???? (PIOG)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:17 AM
  • 109 Replies

I'm 34wks as of today....and I have none on my belly so far. I have some on my boobs but they're light and don't bother me. Since they can be covered up. But I really don't want them on my sides and belly.  My sister didn't get them until the last week or two before she went into labor....  so I have a feeling they're coming within the next few weeks. I lather myself with palmer's coco butter skin therapy oil..which is the best stuff ever. and EXPENSIVE compared to the regular lotion. But i know that won't stop anything,

So has any mama's on here made it through pregnancy without the battle scars??

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Hellena &hearts; Jeramey < Married on 4/10/10, Together since 5/1/06 >

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimikylemama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:20 AM

My first I did.  But my second I got some on my boobs and butt, but they are now white, not that many though.  I NEVER used even an once of cream, you are going to get them if you are going to get them.  No creams can prevent you from getting stretch marks or make them go away.  They will fade over time.

HotMommaStout
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:27 AM

I made it through 3 kids without any stretch marks save where I had my belly button peirced in college and it's just a tiny line.

I honestly think whether or not a person gets stretch marks(and for that  matter spider veins) depends largely on genetics. I used a little cocoa butter during my first pregnancy but I didn't need it and I doubt it made any difference since I didnt get marks with the other 2 either.

I do have stretch marks from when I was in high school and gained 30 lbs in a short amount of time(still have no idea why...it happened in 3 weeks!) all over my butt...but they are so faded now I can barely see them.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

gracielynn87
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:30 AM

That's great! Apparently we're in a small group. I never got any with my first. I don't have any (so far) with this one either. It really is mostly genetic and nutrition/ hydration. I use palmer too and sometimes take a bath with oils too though. :)

Sophie1106
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:37 AM
I didn't get any with either pregnancy. And I didn't really use any creams or anything. I think it's genetics. My mom had 4 kids and she's stretch mark free. My sister just had her first and she also didn't get any.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeeLei
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:50 AM

I DONT HAVE ANY CHILDREN, BUT A FRIEND FROM GUAM HAS JUST HAD A BABY--NO STRETCH MARKS AT ALL.  SHE SAYS SHE RUBBED OLIVE OIL INTO HER SKIN AND WRAPPED HER BELLY IN A CLOTH TO LOCK THE OIL IN.  SHE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS 5 YEARS AGO TO PASS ON TO MY SISTER WHEN SHE WAS PREGNANT (MY SISTER DIDNT DO IT THO BUT SHE ONLY HAS 4 STRETCH MARKS LITERALLY-LUCKIE!) BUT THEYVE DONE IT IN HER FAMILY FOR YEARS.  MAYBE IT WILL WORK FOR YOU TOO? SHE HAD AN 8 POUNDER BTW!

mrssummerlin
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:56 AM
I didn't get any on my belly, but got some on my breasts (I also went up 2+ cup sizes within the first 4 months of my pregnancy). I did use the coco butter though and it really helped with the ones on my chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
montessori_mama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:07 AM

I got to 38 weeks thinking I still had none and I was so happy!  Then, one night I was taking a bubble bath and leaned to the side, and noticed something out of the corner of my eye.  I had bright purple marks all on the underside of my belly - I was just too massive to see them!  i almost cried!  Oh, well.  They have faded quite a bit now, and my daughter is the coolest, so it evens out.

Mama291024
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:14 AM

I have two kids and never got any stretch marks, I used tons of cocoa butter too, both times.

Mama2ETA
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:18 AM

I made it!

this was the last bare belly pic i could find. 30wks with my 3rd

Lucy124
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:39 AM

You guys are so lucky! I didnt have any until 30 weeks, then the marks got worse and worse =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)