Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spacing between kids?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM
  • 30 Replies

I have a 5mo old and hubby and i want to waite until he is 3.5/4 until we try again and then kids 2,3 and 4we want a 1.5 to 2 year spacing.

How did you / will you space your children?

Was the spacing your choice or natures?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dababiesdreams
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:06 AM
#1 & #2 are 31 mo....spaced by nature....#2 & #3 are 20 mo spaced by us.....and when i have this one #3 & #4 will be 24-25 mo apart spaced by us and nature....we ttc #4 for 7 mo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zhi
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:08 AM

We wanted our children close in age so we 'let nature take it's course' from day 1. When our son was around 4 months old and I still wasn't prego again, we started actively trying. We got pregnant when our son was 10 months old so our kids will be 19 months apart (I'm currently 30 weeks prego with #2). I was hoping they'd be a little closer in age but I'm still very excited! If we have any more (which we probably won't), we will start TTC right away again. I like the idea that they'd be playmates instead of soley older/younger siblings (plus we have all of our baby stuff already and want to reuse everything). But that's just us :)

BooBearsMomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM

My oldest (technically my step son, we have him full time) just turned 5, our next is 11 months old, and I"m 32.5 weeks pregnant, so they will be CLOSE!  If (and that's a big if) we decide to have another baby I want to wait at least 2 years, back to back pregnancies have been way to hard on my body.

Txmommy13
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM

#1 and 2 are 26 months apart, not by choice, bc failed.And #2 and 3 are alomost 2yrs, to the day, apart.And with this its more complicated, we werent exactly tryng, but we werent exactly preventing it either.Im really happy with the spacing because they are all very close and play with eachother and will go to school together.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM

There is 3 years & a few months between my kids. (from 1 to the next) We planned them that way.

DS #1: 10/8/02

DS #2: 2/22/06

DD: 4/4/09 (surprising us @ 36 weeks, 6 days)

tinkerbellbay
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM

My dd is 5 and we are ttc now

valrubio
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Hubby and I wanted all our kids to be close in age. We have a 6,5,4,3, and 21 month old with #6 coming in weeks. We didn't really plan it but we didn't do anything to stop it either.

NikLvsNick
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:23 AM

My children are an EXACT year apart. August 22, 2004 and 2005. It just happened that way.

Simple-Beauty
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:30 AM
We started ttc when Lydia was 15 months, got pregnant when she was 17 months, and miscarried...we haven't ttc since and she's 4 years old now.

Honestly, I don't know if I want anymore children. We had a slight pregnancy scare this month and I was so relieved to get my period this morning, right now just isn't a good time as far as my business goes, it's just taking off and I need to devote all the time I can to it right now.

I am happy that we will have a 5+ year age gap if/when we do have another baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Price_87
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM
My girls are 28 months apart & the best of friends! We planned it that way! I'm also really glad that they are both girls being so close in age they share everything already, my oldest dd teaches her sister so many things. We plan on having atleast two more but won't be trying for another 2 yrs. Hopefully the next 2 will be around 28 months apart and both be boys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)