Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy, I'm afraid.

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:28 AM
  • 22 Replies

What are your kids suddenly afraid of that they never used to be?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweettigeress
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:29 AM

My DD all of a sudden became scared of thunder and bugs. It just came from nowhere. 

NikLvsNick
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Spiders, Daddy long legs to be more specific. Tho I hate them so they prolly got it from me. Tho their fears come and go. One day they'll like it ten the next day afraid of it.

BrityAshley
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:34 AM

We generally isn't afraid of much, but when he used to go to bio dads, he allowed him to watch awful graffic movies that are NOT appropriate like Kill Bill and Saw (my son is 7!) so he would come home and fear things like morderers, or ghosts. But that was sudden, but squashed pretty quickly. Just a good talk about security and what's real and whats not and mommy and daddy (stepdad) are on the other side of the wall usually works.

AHamrick
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Monsters in her room. I could kill my 8 yr old nephew for that. He told her that there are monsters in her room and they're going to get her. He got into big trouble!

April ~ Proud Mommy to August Skyla, and Landon Carter, & Loving wife to Curtis!

ajmlaa
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:35 AM

the dark and roaches. but the roaches is probably from me cuz im petrafied of them.

sweettigeress
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:36 AM

What a meany head. 

Quoting AHamrick:

Monsters in her room. I could kill my 8 yr old nephew for that. He told her that there are monsters in her room and they're going to get her. He got into big trouble!

sdwyer
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Our oldest is suddenly afraid of Skype. She refuses to talk to my husband because she thinks the computer is a "scary monster"

armywiff
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:43 AM

PUBLIC TOILETS!!!!!! My 5 year old refuses to go to the bathroom on a public toilet, when she was 3 we went  into a bathroom and it had those self flushing toilets...well it flushed on her while she was still peeing and the poor child almost had a heart attack. It is FINALLY getting better, but wow, it's taken alot of "bathroom pep talks" to even get her to set foot in a public restroom again.

poptart0325
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Bugs.  Especially crickets and other kinds that hop around.  She's also afraid of frogs.  And out of all the scary things in the world, she's terrified of the seashell tub treads that are in the bottom of our tub.  She refuses to take a bath with them in there and will kick, scream and cry if you try to stick her in there with them!

MamaPeanut
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Bugs, she hates them.  And she's always been afraid of loud noises.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)