Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

food!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

Anyone know a good hibachi style fried rice recipe?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:39 PM

No, but here's a bump for ya. :)

KBix
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:40 PM

no ut if you find one let me know!!

WesAndNicksMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:40 PM

i buy it at the grocery store and microwave it haha 

AimeeJenee
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

i buy it at the grocery store and microwave it haha 

lol! I will let yall know if I find out:)

momma-flynn
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I don't measure when I cook, but here's how I do it.

Cook your white rice & set aside. (I make 1.5 cups uncooked rice). You'll need 1 white onion - chopped, garlic powder, 2 eggs, soy sauce, teryaki sauce, sesame seed & whatever veggies you want (carrots, sliced peppers, peas). If I have green onion I like to add that too.

In a nonstick large pan melt 1/2 stick of butter. Add the onion & saute until clear. Add the sesame seeds & saute until golden. Push all of this to one side of the pan. Add the eggs to the empty side of pan. Once they set a little bit stir just to eggs to make them look like scrambled eggs. Once the eggs are cooked add whatever extra veggies you want to use (probably 1/2 to 1 cup) and mix everything together. Add the rice, sprinkle on garlic to taste and a few shakes of soy sauce & teryaki sauce. Mix it all together & let it all cook in for a few minutes. You'll need to stir pretty often so the rice doesn't burn.

*edit: I forgot to add that if you are doing it with meat, pre-cook the meat. I usually use pork or chicken. 

AimeeJenee
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Your awesome! thank you:)

Quoting momma-flynn:

Cook your white rice & set aside. (I make 1.5 cups uncooked rice). You'll need 1 white onion - chopped, garlic powder, 2 eggs, soy sauce, teryaki sauce, sesame seed & whatever veggies you want (carrots, sliced peppers, peas). If I have green onion I like to add that too.

In a nonstick large pan melt 1/2 stick of butter. Add the onion & saute until clear. Add the sesame seeds & saute until golden. Push all of this to one side of the pan. Add the eggs to the empty side of pan. Once they set a little bit stir just to eggs to make them look like scrambled eggs. Once the eggs are cooked add whatever extra veggies you want to use (probably 1/2 to 1 cup) and mix everything together. Add the rice, sprinkle on garlic to taste and a few shakes of soy sauce & teryaki sauce. Mix it all together & let it all cook in for a few minutes. You'll need to stir pretty often so the rice doesn't burn.

*edit: I forgot to add that if you are doing it with meat, pre-cook the meat. I usually use pork or chicken. 

momma-flynn
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM

It's not healthy at all but super yummy. Really not hard to make either. I just use whatever I have for veggies & meat. Hubby asks for it like twice a week lol. 

Quoting AimeeJenee:

Quoting momma-flynn:

AimeeJenee
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:19 PM

lol! I know.. it's just soo good! If it was healthy I wouldn't have a problem eating it every day.

Quoting momma-flynn:

It's not healthy at all but super yummy. Really not hard to make either. I just use whatever I have for veggies & meat. Hubby asks for it like twice a week lol. 

Quoting AimeeJenee:

Quoting momma-flynn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)