Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Age Spacing Pros and Cons

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM
  • 10 Replies

I currently have one child. A 9 month old little boy.

We are thinking about TTC very soon. If we started now and got preggo they would be 18 months apart.

If we wait til a year then they would be about 21 months apart. I know I know..things can happen so we might not concieve when we want to..but in a world where you got everything you wanted it might happen this way...

So lay it on me ladies who have children this close. How was it for your body and your mind? Pros, cons, love it hate it would you do it again if you could do it all over or space them more.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:44 PM

My kids are almost 3 years apart and IMO it is perfect.  I don't know that I would want to have them that close together because I want to enjoy my babies as babies but that's just me :)

mcclellanlass
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:45 PM
oh! I'm interested to know this as well! We are still prego with our lil man, but we want at least one more child and we can't decide. My love and his brother he grew up with are 12 yrs apart and his other half brother he just meet last yr are still 7 yrs apart. Meanwhile my siblings and I are a year apart each.

Let me know what's best as well! from a mommy pov!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Akie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM

i am pregnant right now and i wanna know the answer to this because my step son and his brother/sister will be born the month before he turns 9.... i wanna know some opinions too soooo BUMP!!!!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Mine are 22 months apart. If I could have, I would have had them closer!

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:19 PM
You mind saying why?

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

Mine are 22 months apart. If I could have, I would have had them closer!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennygirl804
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM
I wanted mine super close and got pregnant when my dd was 9 months. unfortunately I miscarried, so my girls are 2 years and 2 weeks apart. I love it. I love that they can be best friends and by the time they get to high school the can even share clothes. They get along so great and we are so happy. We are going to ttc in august in hopes of getting the same (or close to the same) spacing with the next ones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peytonsmommy44
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM

My kids are just over 2 years apart. It hasn't taken any toll on my body. In fact, chasing after my LO while pregnant with #2 made me in better shape, and coming out of the pregnancy I felt sooo much better than I did before. The only downside is that DD is still potty training. I don't think the expense of diapers for her is a problem, but that she sees her little brother in diapers seems to make her less open to using her "big girl potty".

datssumsheet
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM

My oldest 2 are 14 months apart.  I would have to say the hardest part was having 2 in diapers at one time.  They are now 7 and almost 6 and the best of friends and have been since they were little guys.  My middle and youngest are almost 3 years apart and not at all close.  I think having them closer was easier than spreading them more than 2 years apart. 

BabyJae
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM
Mine are 21 months apart and while I love it, it's HARD. Both kids deserve attention but I feel like the youngest tends to get a little more because he is a baby. The one thing I don't like though is that my oldest still isn't fully potty trained so I have to change 2 instead of 1.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lakens_mommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Ok, I got pregnant with my second when my first was 4 months old. I had him early, so they're 11.5 months apart. I got pregnant with my 3rd when my second was 4 months old, she was born early and they're also 11.5 months apart. I love having them close together. They're very close and love playing with each other. They're best friends. The only downside to it was not having time to heal all the way. We did what we could to not get pregnant, but it still happened. And I'm glad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)