Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CONFUSED: IS IT ME OR HIM???????????

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

OKAY. MY HUSBAND DOES NOT  ALWAYS HELP ME AROUND THE HOUSE UNLESS I ASK HIM CONSTANTLY LIKE A CHILD NEITHER WOULD HE ALWAYS HELP ME WITH KIDS IN THE MORNING WE BOTH HAVE TO BE IN SOME WHERE BY 8AM EVERY MORNING CN SOME ONE SAY TEAMWORK. AND NOT TO MENTION I DONT NO WHY BUT HE NEVER COMMUNICATE WITH ME. THINGS HAVE BEEN IRRITATING ME WHEN HE DOES THINGS, LEAVING PROBLEMS UNHANDLED ETC. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH HIM CEATING OR NOTHING BUT IT FEELS LIKE OUR MARRIAGE IS SLIPPING NAD GOING THE WAY IT WANTS TO LIKE WE DONT HAVE CONTROL WHAT IS IT GUYZ. AM I TAKING THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY OR DO I NEED TO JUST KEEP GOING ON AND STILL BEING GOOD TO HIM AS A WIFE  AND STILL DO WHAT I HAVE TO AROUNF THE HOUSE. I NEED SOME ADVICE.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ikesmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM

You shouldn't just live unhappy, neither should you be passive with your marriage. You need to address your concerns; maybe something is bothering him. Ask him what he thinks could be better about your marriage, let him answer, then you answer. Go from there.

Mavanna
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Well I had the same problem until a friend of mine gave me this challenge......and it will sound down right out there....

so the challenge is, prime the pump, an old water pump only works if you put water on it first. So if you want the romance, respect, acts of kindness and surprise helping, try giving it first

I know what you are thinking, why the heck should I? he's the one not helping. and I will tell you I had the same reaction.

My friend then pointed out that I had nothing to lose by trying this, so I went through the motions and I am forever glad that I did, our marriage took such a turn for the better that I still have trouble believeing it. Still far from perfect but who is, again what do you have to lose?

MegaMutant
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:27 PM

You need to talk to him and see what the two of you think needs to be done.

kricketcarr
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:29 PM

you should see a therapist that way he can hear it not only from you but it'll give him more insight.. my hubby and i did therapy just to make sure we remained in a healthy marriage.. dont let it get to the point that you resent him, nick it in the butt early

misschrissy1985
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:56 AM

@ mavanna THANKS FOR DA TEST I WILL SURELY GIVE IT A TRY. DATS EXACTLY WAT MY REACTION WAS WEN I WAS THINKING IT TO MYSELF " Y SHOULD I MAKE DA 1ST MOVE" BUT I  ALSO WAS THINKING MAYBE I SHOULD... THANKS AGAIN !!!! AND I WILL KEEP U UPDATED!!!

@megamutant AND ikesmommy THANKS BUT I HAVE ALREADY HAVE ACTUALLY TWICE AND IT SEEMS LIKE IT DIDNT GET BETTER...BETTER THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.

@kricketcarr THANKS...DAT WILL BE MY NEXT STEP IF THE "ME TAKING THE 1ST STEP " WILL NOT WORK. THANKS!!! 

Mavanna
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Quoting misschrissy1985:

@ mavanna THANKS FOR DA TEST I WILL SURELY GIVE IT A TRY. DATS EXACTLY WAT MY REACTION WAS WEN I WAS THINKING IT TO MYSELF " Y SHOULD I MAKE DA 1ST MOVE" BUT I  ALSO WAS THINKING MAYBE I SHOULD... THANKS AGAIN !!!! AND I WILL KEEP U UPDATED!!!

Good luck and have fun with it, Hope everything works out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)