Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can young moms be friends with single girls with no kids ?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:09 PM
  • 49 Replies

my friend keeps ditching me we stayed in a hotel together for a trip and my kids were we with me

and we got invited to a party but her mom was suppose to watch my kids but her mom also got invited to go out .so her mom asked if i wanted to go with her to be around a bunch of older people

and feel out of place or stay in the hotel with my kids i told her mom i would be okay and stay in the

hotel i felt like such a loser this happened before i'm done with her it makes me feel bad cuz i can't come and go as i please cuz unlike her i have to plan things cuz o have kids and i feel like she jus ditches me cuz it not her problem i think it would be better for me not to be friends with people that don't have kids cuz i won't have to worry about this besides the fact that i don't think she is a good friend i hate to be reminded that i don't have the freedom i use to have

do any of you have friends with no kids and if u do what problems are u having or just advice

on what i should do

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Runner87
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I find it hard to be friends with single people that have kids, but i luckily have a really good friend that is really good with my son and isn't in the party scene. but on the other hand i have another friend taht gets jealous and mad when i can't do things with her, so that gets annoying. but i know how you feel. i find it easier to be friends with other moms so the kids can play at the same time. and couples with kids too.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:16 PM
I think it depends on the friend. When I was single with no kids I had several friends who were married and had children. I was not partying a lot or expecting them to drop everythig and run around with me. If I invited them to do something I knew that most likely there would be a kid in tow. So they were my lunch/mall/movie friends. If I wanted to party or go away for a crazy weekend I had a different set of friends that I called.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM

most of my friends don't have kids.  they're all also 5-10 years younger than me lol.  we never have any problems because my SO is fine with hanging out with the kids so i can go out with friends and we like to have t.v./wine nights which we do after the kids are in bed.  i talk about mom stuff sometimes and they usually laugh about stuff but we normally talk about things other than the kids :)  luckily where i work (because of the kind of store it is) the people that are hired all seem to have very similar personalities.  we've only hired one person in the last year that no one liked!

sweet_mommyof1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Its very hard at times, but one of my best friends is the "single no kid" female that you describe but she loves and spoils my son as if he was hers.. I guess it just depends on the person or people we choose to hang around.. if people can accept the things that are delt no matter what the case then those are the people to surround yourself with.. don't let one experiance ruin it for the others.. you can find some great friends that don't have any kids and are single...

AmyC2786
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I personally did not stay friends with any of my freinds after i had my DD when I was 18.  I grew up fast and they were enjoying their youth. Most of them moved on and left me behind...most young people don't want to spend time with a chick that has a kid.  Now i'm 24 and i have 2 kids and I find myself figuring out that I get along with women from about 25 and older.  My best friend is almost 30....she's awesome.  Don't feel bad about it. 

BabyJae
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:24 PM
I have a few friends with no kids but they are all married. Because they are married it makes things easier and they are more understanding. I don't have any single friends though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kewtie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I have a couple of friends with no kids but we never hang out because I have kids.  Most of my close friends from school are now moms as well so it's easier.

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I have friends without kids and I rarely see them.

Bren07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM
its hard to b friends with ppl who dont have kids cuz they dont understand the responsibility that comes with kids..but one of my best friends just recently had her first (her baby is 2wks old) and we ere friends when she didnt have kids. she understood that even though id want to run and go with her to where ever i had to think of my kids first..dissappointed alot of ppl sometimes but if they cant understand ur kids come before them then they are not worth ur time..my hubbys best friend is single with no kids and aalways forgets we have to plan things we cant just b spontanious anymore..lol..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carliemarie1015
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:40 PM

my two bestfriends from highschool don't have children..and we're still close. they do have boyfriends though..

but they understand that I can't (nor would I want to) go out and "party" all the time..

I try to stick with friends that are basically in the same circumstances we are..it's just less of a headache.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)