Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid Double standards!!!!! **vent**

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

Why on earth is it okay for married men to have female friends, but for a married woman to talk to men is wrong? I do not understand this. It is completely stupid! 

Retta

toddler boyhula hoopslide

Loving MOMMY to three awesome little boys!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MrsBrit
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I have guy friends, and even hang out with them. Some times hubby comes along other times not. And he had female friends he does the same thing with. I don't see anything wrong with it.

But I do get the, your a cheating skank look alot. I don't care though. I know I am faithful, I know my husband is faithful, and none of our friends have ever made an innapropiate comment.

It's just up to you and your SO. No one elses oppinion should matter- even if they do hurt sometimes (example: my dad is usually the one who calls me a skank for going out with the guy friend to shoot pool or what ever).

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM

some people are just like that, male or female, about their SO and opposite-sex friendships... it's a personal decision, though, and only you and your SO can determine what's best for you

cntrlut
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I don't think it's any more okay or wrong for men to have female friends than it is for females to have male friends.

angi07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:28 PM
We don't have oposite sex friends I have my girls and he has his guys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cntrlut
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Quoting angi07:

We don't have oposite sex friends I have my girls and he has his guys

Same here. I have nothing in common with males.

C.ALVAREZ143
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:38 PM
Their is no double standard. Just stupid guys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hellenak
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:47 PM

my hubby and I have friends of the opposite sex... but we both always agreed that once we were married we werent going to be hanging out with them alone. we hang out with other couples, but he doesnt hang out with female friends by himself and vice versa. its just some WE dont do.. but if you guys both agree its ok. screw what others say!!

BrityAshley
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:50 PM

My husband is the double stadard king...but on this one really neither of us are "allowed" to have regular friends of the opposite sex. We have aqaintances, but no one we would hang out with one on one or anything. What opposite sex friends we do have are mutual friends and are typically part of a couple that we are friends with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)