Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends brushing me off...advice pls....A lil long

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM
  • 4 Replies
Before I got pregnant I had 2 best friends, we stoped talking for about a year after my sons first bday. (Neither have kids.) I ran into them 2 or 3 months ago and they seemed to be as happy and excited to see me as I was to see them. We hung out once since then and from then on I have invited them over... nothing I get stood up. One of them called me up trying to get me to make a babyshower cake for a friend but once that deal fell through she went back to bearly talking to me. I want to just tell them that if they don't want to hang out or even talk to me that its fine but it sucks because they were the only two ppl that I could call friends. We just hang out with family and ourselves. (Sad huh) I just don't know what to do. What dobyou ladies think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ipissexcellence
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:41 PM

i know exactly how you feel. i barely talk to my friend of 17 years and we both have kids! our sons are 11 days apart, we use to hang out every single day, but ever since her relationship started failing all she does is concentrate on keeping him locked up in their house. everytime i ask her to hang out she blows me off, so i just stopped trying, and now im looking for new friends. you should look too, try a play group, i want to try it but dont know how to find any in my area..

MookieMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:49 PM
Yeah same hear. Its hard to find other moms that you can actually call friends and have the kids get along. And I really don't want to wait till my son is in school or other activities and pick my new friends for me you know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poptart0325
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:52 PM

You sound like me.  lol.  I can honestly say that's exactly how it is with me and my "friends".  My friends were there for me all through my pregnancy, but as soon as my daughter was born, it was like they disappeared.  I invited them to my baby shower and only half of them showed up (after all of them told me they were coming).  Then I invited them to my daughter's first birthday party and only two of the like ten showed up and one didn't even stay.  She dropped her gift off and came up with some stupid excuse.  I've basically give up on talking to them.  If they want to talk to me, great.  But I'm not going to go out of my way anymore to keep in touch.  I now live 8 hours away from them in a different state.  I travel once a month to my hometown to visit my parents.  So far every plan I've made with one of them on one of my visits, they backed out.  My supposed "best friend" has said several times she was going to come visit me in FL (I'm originally from SC) but has backed out every time.  But I find it funny because over the 4th of July weekend, she traveled to VA to visit a friend of ours that we haven't seen since middle school that she's not even close with.  But yet she'll give me a lame excuse as to why she can't come visit me, her "best friend".  I think that's why I've made up my mind to just stick to family and family only.  I've had only bad experiences with friends.

pregogirl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM
Sounds like me too! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)