Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its so hard to get rid of it!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

Does anyone else find it hard/sad to get rid of your childrens baby clothes? MY dh was joking and saying i need to go on that show Hoarders.My dd's are 6 and 4 and i still have some of there baby clothes.I get so sad when i have to get rid of the baby clothes, partly because we arent ever going to have any more children so getting rid of the clothes is a reminder of that.And also because it means my baby's are gettting older.I feel like im giving away a part of their  baby -hood.I know they're just clothes, but its the sentimental value.Anyone else hate to get rid of baby clothes?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Ya, it's hard to let go...*tear* lol

AngelicaRenee
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I only have my son's old clothes because i plan to have more kids so if it ends up being a boy i want to have everything still.

steffielou_who
by Stefanie on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:22 PM

The baby clothes is the hardest part! I still have my 4 & 6 year old's clothes.. All of them!

StephanAndCoral
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:26 PM

it's hard  to do but I have conquered it to a point. I picked two outfits that I loved and bought stuffed animals that fit in to it. The rest I gave to my nieces and nephews so I can still see them once in awhile lol.

jessarendt22
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:26 PM

lol no your not alone I have a hard time parting with baby clothes of my DD that were either uber expensive or that were my favorite that i put her in allot . My DD is 3 , But I do hope to some day remarry and have more babies ! I have like one box full still , I have given allot away though to  friends and family members with little girls so I feel a little better knowing its going somwhere that its appreciated and I know will get good use.

CafeMom Tickers

Eco friendly Organic eating Adventure seeking Single mommy to my little lady since 06/19/2007 <3

Txmommy13
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Me too! I have tubs and tubs of clothes, litterally 100's.Im just now getting rid of them through ebay and on here too with a different group.

Quoting steffielou_who:

The baby clothes is the hardest part! I still have my 4 & 6 year old's clothes.. All of them!

JMKristy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Yes, it is!!! I have a box for each of the boys with special outfits that I kept! But eventually I was able to get rid of the rest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)