Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know if this is possible?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

DH and I are still on the fence of having a third child. I know I'm still only pregnant with our second, but we would REALLY love to have a boy. Does anyone know if it can be done to have his sperm tested to see how many y chromosomes he has floating around in there? We were thinking maybe he has more female than male, but can't be really sure of course. I would hate to try for a third and it be another girl. I would really hang myself from the rafters then. lol!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystledawn7
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM

I wish I knew but ill bump for you!! My SO really wants a girl next and I do too. We already have a little boy thats 2 1/2. He said if we have another boy we are giving it to someone who wants a boy and trying for a girl. He refuses to have a boy lol but i know IF* we do get pregnant with a boy (when we decide the time is right) he'll love it and want to keep it lol.

Mama291024

IDK, but I know how you feel, I have two girls and only want a 3rd if I was guaranteed to have a boy, I don't want three girls, lol

Saracide
It's costly, but I do believe that you can pick the sex of your baby. Although, it would have to be done in vitro.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJsma1130
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:52 PM

I dont know how true this is, but I have heard that the "boy" sperm live longer that the "girl" sperm.  I have been told that if u have sex 2 days before ovulation all the female sperm will die but the boy sperm will still be living when the egg is released.  Research it more, because I am not sure that I am explaining it correctly, but its worth a try right?

Mama291024
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Quoting KJsma1130:

I dont know how true this is, but I have heard that the "boy" sperm live longer that the "girl" sperm.  I have been told that if u have sex 2 days before ovulation all the female sperm will die but the boy sperm will still be living when the egg is released.  Research it more, because I am not sure that I am explaining it correctly, but its worth a try right?

It is true, but the other way around, girl sperm lives longer.

sweettigeress
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I actually heard the opposite. That the boy sperm die off faster than the girl sperm and that the boy sperm is faster swimmers. So if you wanted a boy to do it the day of ovulation so the boy sperm can get there quicker and if you want a girl do it a few days before ovulation so the boy sperm will die off and the girl sperm will hit the egg on ovulation. 

Quoting KJsma1130:

Saracide
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:59 PM
And I bet the chances of that actually succeeding is all based on luck.
I got pregnant with a boy a few days before ovulating. So I guess they don't all die off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHamrick
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:00 PM

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/how-to-conceive-a-boy.html

April ~ Proud Mommy to August Skyla, and Landon Carter, & Loving wife to Curtis!

krystledawn7
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Yeah, they say if you want a girl have sex 2-3 days before the day of ovulation and if you want a boy have sex the day of ovulation.

This is to help have a babygirl so for a boy just do opposite.. (I copied and pasted from a website)

"Another step is to watch your diet. For a girl, try a pre-conception diet rich in calcium and magnesium. Cut down intake of salty foods and red meat. This will make your vagina more friendly to the X sperm, and LESS friendly to the Y sperm. This means, no chips and steak. Yogurt and fish are great.

Sex position also is posed to have an effect. As the Y sperm are faster, but less resilient, especially if you've been following the diet, this can make a difference. For girl conception, try to have more shallow penetration. You want the male sperm to die before they reach the egg, and the females to get through, so the further from the cervix the ejaculation occurs, the more the males have to get through to get to the egg."

Quoting Mama291024:

Quoting KJsma1130:

It is true, but the other way around, girl sperm lives longer.

l_0a81a427157a0943eb57381f172389b88.jpg picture by irishbabygerl

CrimsonAlchemy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:04 PM

I have three daugthers.  We wanted one boy but it just didn't happen that way for us.  There is a way to make sure you have a boy but it's not natural.  Does it really mean that much to you?  I think they can seperate the different sperm and do it artafically only I belive but you'd have to talk to your doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)