Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the 1 thing u would change?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM
  • 26 Replies

I know all us young moms love our kids and would never change having them, but is there one thing in your life that you would change if you could??? Well one or two..lol..cause Ive got two..lol..SO WHAT IS YOURS?

1.I wouldnt have married my husband because I was pregnant at 17,and thought I had to..I didnt have a clue who I was at 17 and am a very different person now while I love my husband with all my heart, I think I would have waited until we were both mature and knew what we really wanted out of life..

2.I would have spaced out having my kids more..I feel like none of them (I have 4 ages 5 to 5months) had enough time to bond with me alone while they were little, I always seemed to get pregnant while they were really young (which I get can be avoided but for some reason I didnt think I would get pregnant again.,..BLAME IT ON THE TEENAGE BRAIN...)

While I love my family and am very greatful for them, I wish I could have changed a few things around to make everyones life a little better...

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cherry41089
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I wish I would have listen more to some people

*Coastie's wife*coast guard

MrsBrit
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I would chang 2 things as well.

First off I am so happy that I'm preg, but I woulda went a month earlier than I did for BC (the day before I was to go get BC I found out I was preg). I wish I would have had more time with the hubby before starting a family.

The other thing I wish I could change: I wish I would have told my mom "No, I don't want to go to college". I was 18 and a mommies girl... and didn't want to disappoint her... But I still did in the long run, cause I didn't want to go to college. I had a full time job lined up with a fire department, making $40K a year, 20 year retirement, full benefits, and they would pay for college if I wanted to go. In the end I went to college and dropped out after failing most of my classes and wasting a lot of money, and gave up on my dream job.

juveli
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:22 PM

finished college 

Alexsmom04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM

nothing, everything that has happened to me made me who I am today and led me to my husband

proudmomma1986
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:38 PM
I so agree with this statement although I do wish I never cheated on my husband. We are stronger for my mistake but it does come back in his mind sometimes but we're happy for the most part right now and the stronger part makes up for it

Quoting Alexsmom04:

nothing, everything that has happened to me made me who I am today and led me to my husband

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrityAshley
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I would be scared to change anything, because it would erase Wyatt. If it werren't for that I would change everything after 15.

JessO919
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:42 PM

i wish I had waited until I was in a stable relationship.  I love my son but wish he had a father that was worth a damn.

mommyofmaknchz
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:43 PM

i wouldnt change anything about my life although I do wish it was easier to get son the help he needs

Cassidysmom611
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:46 PM

I would have finished college and been more responsible with my money. We have very, very little in savings like under $200.00. I love my children more than anything. I wouldn't change them for anything but I should have thought more about how things would unfold. I currently work 2 jobs and am going back to school in the Fall to finally finish my degree, while I am looking forward to it I know its going to be stressful!

calynwoo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM
That's exactly how I feel about my son's biological father. I also wish I would have listened to the people who only wanted the best for me.

Quoting JessO919:

i wish I had waited until I was in a stable relationship.  I love my son but wish he had a father that was worth a damn.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)