Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She was right all along...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:29 PM
  • 28 Replies

Anyone else realize your mom or parents or who ever raised you were right all along about pretty much EVERYTHING...I realize now my grandma actually knew what she was talking about who would of thought..lol... But at 16 and 17 I knew everything and she was just an old lady who had no idea about life in our times..lol..Now I really wish she was here for me to tell her she was right, and I wish I would have listened...

Today is the anniversary of my grandma{s passing so Im thinking alot about her and really wish I would have listened to her back then cause my life would be alot better..Anyone else grow up and realize mom was right all along??

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
--Nicole--
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:31 PM

I am still kicking myself in the ass for all the times my mom was right and I disregarded her advice. I'll be 27 in 2 days and she is still right about shit. From now on, I am listening to her.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

nickieb85

I realized a long time ago that my mom is right about everything. The older I get though the less she knows about my life. It is kinda sad not to have anyone to get advice from.

BrityAshley

That is really sweet about your Grandma.

For me....my mom was always wrong, still is haha! She is crazy, but I love her.

MrsBrit
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I really wish I would have listened to my Grandpa more... He passed away last Oct... He was my best friend. One thing he said to me as he walked me down the isle still stands out in my head "Life is messy, but just remember all the fun we had in the messiest times of our lives"... Even when things got so bad, he could always help to show me the silver lining on the clouds...

calynwoo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:51 PM
My mom was always right no matter how much I didn't want to admit it. She passed away when I was 17 and I never really was able to express how great of a mom she was. All my bad choices ended up exactly how she said they would end up and I would give anything to have her back and get her advice. Now that I'm 25, I would take it gladly. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMKristy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:28 PM

It was my dad that was always right. And gosh, it still is hard to admit that I should have listened to him. But now that I have kids, I catch myself saying the same things he did, especially with my 10 yr. old! And I cringe every time!! And when I talk to my dad, he laughs and says "told you so!!"....

mysteriousdaze
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Not in my case. They were both wrong, wrong, wrong! I have yet to find anything similar at all to what they told me in my journey with kids so far. My DS is turning 2 this coming Sunday. The only one who has been right is my SIL and she's not even right have the time.

Pudge_Pie20
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:26 PM

There have been a few occasions when I was with my mom and i'd say something to my daughter that I know she's said to me a million times and i disregaraded. She started laughing, I just looked at her and said "Oh hush, I know! Don't say it" (i told you so being "it")

emfm2013
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I now realize my mom was right about all of it. I thought i knew everything til i became a momma (i'm only turning 20 this friday) and realized i dont know close to as much as i thought and i can now ask for help.

WesAndNicksMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:53 PM

she was right about some things.  i still have a problem with her knowing more than i do lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)