Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep Positioners

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi! I am a first time mom. My baby is 2 months old. I had a cousin who passed away from SIDS, so I am extra paranoid about it. I was wondering what your opinions about sleep positioners are. My baby is currently sleeping in a pack n play in our bedroom. She is a little wiggle worm, and likes to wiggle her way to the sides of it. I don't like her being so close to the edges. How do you guys keep your babies from moving around so much.Also have any of you tried the SIDS monitor or products similar to it.  Thanks!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
dababiesdreams
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM
i swaddled mine until they were over 10 mo. SIDS is also why i used a pacifier at bed time...it keeps a portion of the mind concious and is a suppose to be a help against SIDS. Some parents don't want to use binkies and that's fine i'm just telling why i used them. My dd was able to roll over in her sleep positioner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bunnywzrd
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I use positioners with my girls. they worked well.

momof3jam
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM
I swaddled for the first 2-3 months. I had a sleep positioner, but me and baby didn't like it. The chances of SIDS happening again aren't as high as you'd think. Let your wiggle worm move around, I don't think she's old enough yet to flip herself out anywhere yet. Just relax and enjoy her :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I  used a boppy brand sleep positioner until my baby could flip over he did not like to be swaddled in a blanket since he was a late spring baby so he was hot and still is a hot baby he gets over heated at night time so he has to sleep in shorts all year round... I also used a Binky to help with the SIDS issue

MegTheGem
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:35 AM

We used one for DD, out of fear of SIDS. We loved it. But at 2 months old, yours is getting a little big for something like that, but that's my humble opinion. But if it makes you feel safer about her sleeping, go right for it, and rock on. You do what you think is right.

winterbaby10
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:11 AM

i use the anglecare movement and sound monitor, it's really good cuz it has and alarm that goes off if there's no movement (like your baby stops breathing or something) you can turn off the movement pad too and just use it like a regular monitor. it's nice cuz it makes me sleep a lil more easier at night knowing that if something is wrong an alarm will sound. 

http://www.angelcare-monitor.com/Canada/en/products/angelcare-monitor-AC401

ima_mommie
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:57 AM
I used one with my first until she was 2 months old, out of fear from SIDS. Unfortunately when she was 4 months old she died from SIDS. I was devastated! It was the only fear i had! I swaddled, used pacifiers, and did the whole back to sleep... now i am expecting and my son will be here in a few weeks! Our pediatrician is getting us a sleep monitor. Hopefully this will put me at ease, and i pray no one has to ever go through this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AES514
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Does your pack n play have mesh sides?
And ladies... I JUST discovered these. My baby is almost 11 months old and always gets stuck in the slats of his crib.
They have breathable bumpers!
Lol I never heard of them but LOVE them!
Since obviously you shouldn't use real bumpers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)