Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often should I be feeding my 8mo. old?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:11 AM
  • 6 Replies

I've been feeding my DD every 3-4 hours up until now and just wondering if I should spread it out now that she will be 9mo. next week. My mother in law insists on continuing the 3hr schedule along with only 6 oz of milk. However, Im thinking that the hours need to be extended and that she is ready for a full 8 oz or at least 7 oz. What do yall think?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
missmegan09
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:26 AM

if you space it out then i can see the 7 or 8 oz but if you feed close together than no i wouldnt go to the larger bottles

momof3jam
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:29 AM
Holy crap he's still on that schedule?!? I feel so bad for you - all night too??

I'd definitely start spacing the feedings out asap!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cwhit210
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:30 AM

usually every 2 to 3 hours and rotate between formula and food! at least thats what providers do at daycares and such

DylansMom213
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Depends on if you give baby food or just bottles. When my son was about nine months old, he breastfed first thing in the morning. Then about an hour or two later he ate some oatmeal with a fruit puree. Then he breastfed again about two hours later. About two to three hours later, he had some veggie purees, then nursed again a few hours after that. Right before bedtime, he would have some more oatmeal and nurse again. He woke up about once a night to nurse. His bedtime was 9 pm and he'd wake up around 2 am and then go back to sleep until 7 or 8 am. But if you give three baby food meals a day, then you can go longer in between bottles and give bigger bottles. I wouldn't give bigger bottles if you stay on your schedule you currently have. Good luck!

foxielady
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Oh no! I give her the last feeding before I put her to bed for the night and she sleeps til morning. I been stopped waking her up at night for feedings.

foxielady
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Quoting DylansMom213:

Depends on if you give baby food or just bottles. When my son was about nine months old, he breastfed first thing in the morning. Then about an hour or two later he ate some oatmeal with a fruit puree. Then he breastfed again about two hours later. About two to three hours later, he had some veggie purees, then nursed again a few hours after that. Right before bedtime, he would have some more oatmeal and nurse again. He woke up about once a night to nurse. His bedtime was 9 pm and he'd wake up around 2 am and then go back to sleep until 7 or 8 am. But if you give three baby food meals a day, then you can go longer in between bottles and give bigger bottles. I wouldn't give bigger bottles if you stay on your schedule you currently have. Good luck!

As per my mother in law advice I give her milk and rice cereal in the morning then baby food/bottle for lunch, then just a bottle in evening and before bed milk/rice cereal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)