Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

little white lies

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:27 AM
  • 27 Replies

my mother lies alot.

sometimes big lies. but mostly little white lies.

eg. my humidifier caught fire. she lives closer to the chemist i bought it from then i do. so she took it back for me so it could be sent to the manufacterer. she told them a big bullshit story about what happened. and it was so embarrasing cause i then have to say.. 'um actually blah blah"

its impossible to have conversations with her she just lies so much. i spend most of the time trying to work out if what she is saying is true or has any truth to it...

i dont invite her places where my friends are its so embarrasing my mom just tells stupid stories.

she told everyone at her work she spent 6wks at my house after DD born helping me. never happened.

she tells the ppl at her work my dad is a wife beater angry man. total lie.

i realise its for attention.

there are thousands of more things i could tell you but i dont want to bore you all.

does anyone one else have someone like this in their lives?

Breastfed/self weaned(19mths), Nigerian Australian toddler

baby

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmomma1986
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:33 AM

my husband's kind of like that but not to that extreme, his is more of a con man attitude...lol....sorry you have to put up with THAT though

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:01 AM

That is nutty. Why would someone lie for no reason? I don't get it.

LivsMaMa07
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:15 AM

Wow. This sounds just like my mother. She has NO friends because of this. She just lies.. and lies.. and lies, on top of lies. Its sickening.

LoveWedge
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:26 AM

It could be a compulsion that's simply beyond her control. Some people lie for no other reason than they just have to. I don't understand it, really.

But my brother and my SO's sister are like that. My brother tells stories that aren't true to make his life more interesting. I've called him out on it before and he used to get so mad. I don't much anymore, only if I catch him in it.

SO's sister, she's got a bunch of other mental problems, so lying is the least of her problems. It's really annoying/frustrating though, because she's not getting help for anything.

LoveWedge
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Oh yeah, and my daughter's BD lies all the time, but he just does it to stir shit up.

My SO and I broke up for a bit last year, and they would occasionally have "Steph Bash Fests". BD and I were talking because of our daughter and he'd tell me that SO (at the time ex-SO) would text him up when he was drunk and go on huge rants about me. Wasn't true.

He told SO that I did weed with him when he and I dated. Also not true. I've never touched the stuff, and was pregnant almost right away with him, so I wouldn't have done it anyway.

He's just a shit disturber.

Quoting LoveWedge:

It could be a compulsion that's simply beyond her control. Some people lie for no other reason than they just have to. I don't understand it, really.

But my brother and my SO's sister are like that. My brother tells stories that aren't true to make his life more interesting. I've called him out on it before and he used to get so mad. I don't much anymore, only if I catch him in it.

SO's sister, she's got a bunch of other mental problems, so lying is the least of her problems. It's really annoying/frustrating though, because she's not getting help for anything.

g1ennfa1th
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:41 AM

My aunt and my cousin are both like this.  My aunt has told so many many lies that she ruined relationships between family memebers with her lies.  Her daughter got the lieing from her.  They both are the first people to say I hate liars and you can never believe a word that comes out of either of their mouths.  My cousin was supposedly pregnant and due in April.  Well no baby has arrived yet and she has just stopped talking to everybody. 

MamaPeanut
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM

That would drive me crazy.  But yes, I do know people who are like that, they just lie a lot.  And they're not even good at it so you catch them in lies all the time. 

I'm lazy, so, for  me, the truth is a whole lot easier, lol. 

FolasadesMom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:56 PM

honestly i think its all about attention. maybe she doesnt have anything to say so she makes up what she thinks is interesting..

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

That is nutty. Why would someone lie for no reason? I don't get it.

baby

FolasadesMom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:59 PM

i know. i find it embarrasing mainly... i purposly didnt invite her to my baby shower for this reason i dont need her giving some bullshit speech or talking my friends ears off with stories.

Quoting LivsMaMa07:

Wow. This sounds just like my mother. She has NO friends because of this. She just lies.. and lies.. and lies, on top of lies. Its sickening.

baby

FolasadesMom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:02 PM

oh thank god other ppl know ppl like this.

growing up ive always found it so difficult and embarrasing i thought i was the only person who knew someone like this..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)