Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else feel like they are years a head of there friends?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:43 AM
  • 17 Replies

I just feel like ever since I have gotten married and especially since I have had Gabriella my relationship with my friends has changed. I feel like I am holding on and having to try hard to salvage what we have left. None of my friends are married or have kids as of yet. Anyone else feel like this?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Jade08
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:47 AM

That happened to me... My real friends stuck around, and I lost some... I made new friends with similar lifestyle...

RachelAnne
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:48 AM

This exactly. The friends I have that aren't married, even if they have kids, seem so immature to me now!

Quoting Mom2Jade08:

That happened to me... My real friends stuck around, and I lost some... I made new friends with similar lifestyle...

mandafox
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Eh, I just went a totally different direction than all of my friends. The only way I am years ahead is in already having a family at 23. They have me on other things...like their careers. And I'm talking my HS friends. I'm on the same level as my military gals.

AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Not really.

Most of my friends are much older than I am. I have one friend still from high school and she is my age... but my other best friend is 12 years older than I am.

My husband is much older, so most of the people we hang out with are more his age than mine. These people are more on "our level". Most are married, the women are SAHMs, the men have great careers, most have children, a home etc.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. My husband is head of my home. I am a proud Roman Catholic, as is my husband.             Aimee

carliemarie1015
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I would say I feel years ahead of most people my age...I mean, I do have a few friends that still aren't married or have any kids..but do have "serious relationships".

I try to surround myself with people who are on the same page as we are..and thankfully one of our best couple friends are our age and have a daughter that is just 6wks older than our son, and they get along great! and we're always getting together for playdates and dinner and stuff, it's really great.

and my bestfriend since 6th grade isn't married and doesn't even plan on having any children. her longtime b/f doesn't want kids..(who happens to be my 32yr old brother..)

latinmommy18
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:03 AM

yes that why i have married friends or with kids it help to have something in common

Sophie1106
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:04 AM
The only friends I really have now are also married and have kids. I keep in touch with some friends who are still single and have kids but we don't really see each other. It's hard when our are completely different. So I found people with similar life styles to mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by Amanda on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:10 AM

it's a good time to make new friends. that's all i can say.

my 'friends' dropped off when i was pregnant with my DD in high school. only a couple stuck around. it is definitely better with the friends that stayed because now they are all getting married and starting families. now THEY feel left out! at least now they can understand how hard it is too keep up relations when you have a family to tend to!  

Sweet_Holly
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Yea I was like that when I 1st got married to my ex.. I was 17 he was 27 so I lost touch with all my friends cause I didn't do the *single life bs* even though I did not have any kids at the time.. it was still different cause I was married.. I felt same age as my ex hub.

With My DH now.. we have our son whom is 3 and we're expecting our 2nd in Oct & he will not whatsoever at all strictly NOT A CHANCE let me hang with any single women... No Friends that are dudes and no friends with kids that are not with someone LOL. Its weird cause I got with DH when he was 17.. which he is now 23 & I'm 27 but he acts like the 30y/o LOL & he is more comfortable hanging only with 30+ y/o that are married & have kids.., he hates everyone in the 20s.. they just annoy him LOL

But I feel you.. I still feel waaaaaay ahead of most in my age group, but I have done alot more than most people I know so My maturity wised up faster than my friends. Which is why we lost touch.

http://www.facebook.com/lovely.holly

❤♥RawR أنا جميل RawR♥❤

preacherskid
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Yeah- none of my friends are married OR have kids, and here I am, married two years, #2 is on the way, it makes things weird. Suddenly I'm the "experienced married person" lol.  We only do things as couples anymore, and that not very often because either we don't have the money (being married and all, we have lots of bills to pay) or none of our friends (mine or DH's) are in a relationship.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)