Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best thing to wear to a Big..

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:11 AM
  • 10 Replies
Next week my family and I are going to an amusement park, it's going to be a first for my DD she's 4 . My question is what is the best thing I could put on her to have her stand out?? You know just in case,'you know how kids are. ???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:14 AM

beware of highlighter colors!!!! EVERYONE puts their families in them so they stand out! i would go with the brightest, crazies pattern you can find, and get a matching hat! or paint their face like a kitty or something so, if you lose track of her, she will be easy to identify. 

Cyn_
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Thanks, :) I'm really nervous about this, but it's going to be alot of family getting together which never happens, so I'm going to go, plus my DD gets super excited when
She sees Mr. Six on tv. (six flags) so I'm 50/50 about this trip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by Amanda on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:32 AM

i'm sure it'll be fun! even though she won't be old enough to go on many things, i bet she will love it! and you, too, of course! whenever we go somewhere that has a crowd, i put a huge bow on my daughter's head, kind of like the one i'm, wearing in the profile pic. that way she is easy to see! that, and you can make her a wristband with her name, your name, and how to reach you in case she is found. she is 4, so she can understand that if she is lost, to find a vender, or policeman, or even someone operating a ride will be able to contact the right people to get her back to you.

i can't believe my mom took us to all those crowded places when we were younger. i have 4 sisters, and i get nervous taking my 1 child out! my mother has nerves of steel! 

Cyn_
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM
I agree, I'm a nervous wreck, I only have one too, but she is extremely friendly. How would I go about making the wrist band with my info on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by Amanda on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:20 AM

very simply. you can make it out of anything, really. my SO jokes i should just get a dog collar for her! but you can get a bit of fabric or leather thick enough for a couple lines of writing, and fabric paint, and make a really cute, reusable wristband for your daughter. just include her name (first and last) your name, your relationship to her, and a number to call to contact you or someone who can help. and if you are in a pinch or forgot it, you can always write your info on the wristband you get when you enter the park. 

Cyn_
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Thanks, I need to make one water proof, I'm sure that's where we will spend most of our time,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaoftwo
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:59 AM

well this might not be of any help to you atm, but there is a company that sells kid "tattoos"  i they call them safety tattoos,

Its really just a waterproof sticker, that says "if I am lost please call: #"

You could make her a necklace and write on the back of the charm,..........or you could get a dog tag, either a military or a dog one. My daughter asked me to get her the same one my dog has with her name on it, its a pretty pink heart, you can get anything you'd like engraved on them.

You

MamaPeanut
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:06 PM

I've always just dressed my dd normally, in clothes and shoes that will be comfortable and weather appropriate.  We've never lost her.

We've been to Disney World twice, Sea World, Six Flags, Carowinds, zoos all over the country, LegoLand, etc.  She's a good hand-holder.

kaidansmylife
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:13 PM

If you go to like michaels or some kinda craft store, you can buy a water proof wrist band that you can put your info in. Im not sure what they are called by my gma bought one for my grandpa about a yr ago cus he likes to wander off when you take him in public and cant remember anyones phone number lol try that, id also suggest maybe makeing like a "team jersey" type thing maybe your DD DH/SO and yourself can wear one that way yall match and if god forbid something happens when your all in a state you wont have to think to hard about haveing to describe what shes wearing. and take a pic b4 you leave the house. The thing that keeps me sane when we go to places like this is just telling myself, "its a family park most people have their own kids they dont want mine" might sound crazy and i know anything can happen even to me but it keeps me going without going crazy. Yall will have a blast, dont worry so much and enjoy it. :-)

Quoting Cyn_:

Thanks, I need to make one water proof, I'm sure that's where we will spend most of our time,

kristin_1984
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:19 PM

i agree with the first reply.we went to the zoo and i lost my son,that was the most scary 15 minutes i have ever had.we were with a bunch of friends and everyone was watching all the kids.when i realized he was not with us,oh my...anyways,he had found slides and was having fun sliding when i was scared to shit.luckily he was okay.have fun at six flags.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)