Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got my German Shepherd today!!! EDIT

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:24 AM
  • 28 Replies

K I had a post about me wanting to get one and I finally got her today! I don't know what to name her. I'm usually good at picking names out but with her I'm stumped lol. So I was wondering if you wonderful ladies would help me with picking a name out. I want a name that's kind of aggressive, since she's going to be our guard dog. 

Please dont make fun of my double chin lol. I'm fat and I need to start working out or going for walks. This was taken on the way home from getting her.

Thanks in advance. I'm sure you guys will give me a ton of names that I can choose from. I'm excited to name her. :) Thanks again.

Sorry I haven't responded in a few days. My Internet got shut off. We picked Isabella but we call her Izzy for short. She's already learning her name and she knows lay down and stay. My other dogs like her and my cats are getting used to her. She's not that hyper for being a puppy, but I'm sure it will come. The first 2 nights were bad since it was the first time being away from mommy and daddy, but she's used to us and the chaos of the house. I need to take her for a walk sometime soon so she doesnt get lazy. I'm just having a hard time with the people walking by. They keep reaching over my fence to pet her and I really dont want strangers to touch her since she's going to be our guard dog. I dont know if they "be aware of dog" signs will work with the little hoodlums in the neighborhood. 

Thanks for helping me name her. She is really loved in this family already. My kids wont leave her alone, which that's a good thing since she's going to be around them all the time.

Oh, she has attached herself to my oldest daughter. She follows her around everywhere she goes. She's already protecting my little girls. :-)

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glamourina
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Where did you adopt her from?

aidansmommy219
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:28 AM

she looks like i dog i wanted to adopt online..i have no clue what you should name her. we named our rott Kitty lol :)

jojolicious220
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Quoting Glamourina:

Where did you adopt her from?

I found her in the paper here. I looked at the only animal shelter we have here and they didnt have any German Shepherds and it was a dog we really wanted to get. 

NANA21
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Zulu

jojolicious220
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Quoting aidansmommy219:

she looks like i dog i wanted to adopt online..i have no clue what you should name her. we named our rott Kitty lol :)

That's funny. I'm usually really good at picking names out for animals but I cant think of one for her. 

jojolicious220
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Quoting NANA21:

Zulu

I like that name. Thanks.

jojolicious220
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:47 AM

BUMP!

MrsBoyle09
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Oh she looks JUST like our Shepherd when he was a little baby. I will post pictures of him later! Name her Xena!

Mama32309
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Oooohhh my!!!!! She is so beautiful!!! What about "bella" ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherib82
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:12 AM
I named mine sadie. Just wait she is goona think she is a lap dog like mine does. My son lays on her toys and she will roll him over to get her toy back. I love my dog like she was another kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)