• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babysitters.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:02 AM
  • 6 Replies
My hubby and I are starting to look for babysitters for future date nights. I'm using care.com and have had quite a few potential ones. How horrible is it that I'm almost avoiding the young 'attractive' ones no matter how good they are? :( my husband is in the process of gaining trust back after his biiiiig screw up, so I know he wouldn't screw things up again by going there, but its also the fact he's a very good looking guy ( or at least I think so, and considering his past quite a few other people think so too...ha!), and I'm not sure if I want my babysitter 'looking at him like that', I want her to be all about my daughter, not him. Anyone else think this way or go through this? Or am I once again putting too much thought into things and making it harder than it needs to be?-haha. There's a very good chance I'm just being the irrational, jealous wife, and I know that... :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nygrl4evr
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:24 AM

I don't think so.  If he's been tempted in the past or you've had reason not to trust him in the past I can totally understand why you would want to make sure that something like that didn't happen again.  Good luck - hope you find a great baby sitter with absolutely no attraction to your husband.

akb300
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:29 AM
i dont think you are being extreme. goodluck finding a babysitter you like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I've never had to worry about DH like that. However, I wouldn't throw it out there in his face either. That's like putting a steak in front of a hungry dog and telling it to sit and stay lol! 

You don't have any friends who could recommend one? That's how I find mine (before we moved lol). She was a bit messy, but she always took excellent care of my boys and they LOVED her. So, I was able to overlook the fact that she would leave dishes in my sink. :)

mommy31007
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:40 AM

i dont  think its irrational at all!  I am the same way.  my Husband has had quite a few ladies in his past (b4 we were married but still...)  I know how scandolous alot of women are and you never really can fully trust any one.  I would feel the exact same way you do

rissarin
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:08 AM

haha!! i like that!!

we have no friends with kids around here. or who are even married for that matter.. haha. so we're on our own with this one. it'd be a lot easier if we had someone to ask though. if i was back home i would have no trouble finding one, but of course i had to move here to this stupid town to be with my lover.. ugh.... :)

Quoting Chris030406:

I've never had to worry about DH like that. However, I wouldn't throw it out there in his face either. That's like putting a steak in front of a hungry dog and telling it to sit and stay lol! 

You don't have any friends who could recommend one? That's how I find mine (before we moved lol). She was a bit messy, but she always took excellent care of my boys and they LOVED her. So, I was able to overlook the fact that she would leave dishes in my sink. :)

MamaPeanut
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:19 AM

We use my cousin 1st, when available (20 year old college student). 

But I also really like SitterCity.com.  It's $100 for a 1year membership, and it's great!  We found 2 really awesome sitters there our daughter loves!  They're both college girls in their 20's, and they're fantastic with Riley.  I come home to a happy kid, clean house, etc. 

I never really thought about looks, and I don't think my husband notices much, other than that our dd is happy and how much cash to get to pay her, lol. 

Good luck!

pregnancy

baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)