Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what to do (birth control ?)

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am currently using the patch as my form of BC and I suspect I am pregnant.  Back in December I suspected I was pregnant before I was due to take the patch off for my week break. And b/c there was no sure way to know I was I applied my third and final patch before the week break,  took that patch off when I was due to, took a pregnancy test to be sure, wiped there was blood and was like ok there's my answer (didn't even look at the pregnancy test for the results). Later that day I picked my son up and the blood just gushed (sorry tmi). Went to the bathroom and looked at the pregnancy test and it was positive.

Like I said I am suspecting I might be again. But a pregnancy test would be too early to take at this point. I am due to put a new patch on tomorrow( the third one before my week break) and not sure if I should or not. If I am not pregant I don't want to risk getting pregnant but if I am I don't want to risk a miscarrage either. I know I can't control it if it happens but I am just torn. Thanks for any help.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommaoftwo
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:39 AM

well, the patch is just a weekly hormonal thing. you could just make your "period" come a week early, but not using the patch this week.

I know people who use BC solely for the purpose of controling when their period is. Making it come sooner/later.

kleigh24
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:40 AM

i was in the same situation with the pill though so I stopped taking them just to be sure and I am pregnant so it was a good thing I stopped

Juniors3Girls
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM
You could go take a blood test at the doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurbabe82
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Quoting mommaoftwo:

well, the patch is just a weekly hormonal thing. you could just make your "period" come a week early, but not using the patch this week.

I know people who use BC solely for the purpose of controling when their period is. Making it come sooner/later.

Yea I had thought about doing that one time we had gone on vacation so I didn't get it while we were there. Lucked out b/c I still had a week left.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:45 AM
The test was most likely inaccurate. It says in the box to look at the test within ten minutes. After that the results are no longer accurate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurbabe82
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Quoting kleigh24:

i was in the same situation with the pill though so I stopped taking them just to be sure and I am pregnant so it was a good thing I stopped

I talked with dh last night about just skipping this week's patch and he doesn't want me to. I think he just doesn't want to get his hopes up. He would really like another. Whatever I decide to do, if I am pregnant and if I do miscarry again, I am stopping BC all together and am just going to let nature do her thing. It was our plan for me to stop BC next year and see if we get pregnant w/in a year and if not one of us was going to get fixed lol.

nurbabe82
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

The test was most likely inaccurate. It says in the box to look at the test within ten minutes. After that the results are no longer accurate.

Yea that is a possibility but I have never had a preg test read negative and then later "change" to a positive(but there's a first for everything). I had taken so many trying to get preg with ds I could have bought stock in them lol. That and I am pretty in tune with my body. Back in Dec when I thought I was, I questioned it b/c I had never had any issues with BC before. I just don't want to second guess myself again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)