Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was wondering...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter is 8, will be 9 in Feb. She has started to develop a little in the chest and has started growing hair down below. I started my period at 11. I have already talked to her about getting her period so it doesn't  scare her. I was just wondering.. since i started kinda earlier than what was the average age then, should i be looking for her to start her period soon. Any signs to watch for?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
g1ennfa1th
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:16 PM

It very likely she will follow suit and start early like you.  The main signs are that her emotions will start to be very irrational.  I got my period when I was 10 and my cousin got hers when she was 9. 

KBix
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:17 PM
My sister started at 9 and the biggest clue for us was the attitude and stomach hurting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newlywedstepmom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:25 PM

I just went through this with my daughter (technically my step daughter).  She actually is having her first period right now.  It has been very heavy and hard on her and I am hopeful its only that way this one time.  I am glad to share any of what we have been through. You can message me directly if you want.

squeekiemama
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:36 PM

wow that sucks I didnt get my first period or bewbs until I was 17, I couldnt even imagine dealing with that at that age :( poor kiddo

tonjahut
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Thank you all so much, I just hate the thought of her having to go through all the cramps at a young age.

blg5484
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:45 PM

no sure about signs to watch for but i was 9 when i started that was quite a few years ago and i dont much remember it lol good luck 

Mystery_Anteia
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I first started when i was 8, some signs could be attitude. If she knows whats going to happen, then there's nothing you can do to stop it. I say just buy pads or whatever it is you buy and just wait.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)