Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post nap behavior in toddler?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM
  • 11 Replies

My 2 year (and 4 month if you care to be specific) year old takes a nap usually around 1 pm, usually for about an hour. The past week or two he has been waking up in a horribly foul mood. He's never been the type to wake up jovial but it's been downright terrible. He's been super whiney and impossible to get along with for up to a couple hours after getting up. What up with this kid? Anything similar?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaK0809
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:25 PM
My son does the same thing. Gotta love the terrible 2's! Did he get his molars in yet? Maybe he's teething.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rissyriss
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:26 PM
My son did the same thing right about that age too! I don't remember how long it lasted, but it was awful for a while. I just gave him his space and told him he was welcome to come downstairs when he felt better.

Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:29 PM

My daughter is extremely cranky after waking up, but she always has been....she is almost 4.

rockinmomto2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:30 PM

He's probably not getting enough sleep. Mine are like that when they don't sleep enough.

hill_star03
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM
My 2 yo HATES waking up period! He usually takes a half hour to fully wake up and be enjoyable...longer if teething.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM
Mine just turned 3 and shes like that. Its new for her. But shes like that even after waking up like that in the morning too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KBix
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:36 PM
Mine is always grumpy the for the first 45 minutes of waking up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrazyEnergy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:36 PM

he may not be getting enough sleep, my son is almost three but he takes about 2 1/2 to 3 hour naps and has been since he was 1. all children are different though.

they do go through a cranky stage sometimes.... Also, he may be having nightmares.

hotmomma7182006
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:39 PM

my son will be 3 in november and doesn't normally take naps but when he does this is how he is too I hate it I just assume have him NOT nap then put up with the cranky bratty side of him (but him and big sis get about 12 hours at night and little sis gets about 14 and also rarely naps)

wildsun
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:50 PM

He gets about 12 hours a night and if he naps longer than an hour it's next to impossible to get to sleep at bed time.

I can't imagine that he's under sleeping, I have never seen him nap much longer than an hour, and I'd have to think eventually he'd succumb to need if that were the case.

Unless I've miscalculated he's full up on teeth now. Sounds like some of you have grumps as well. Hopefully it's just a phase ( for all of our little ones, haha). Thanks Mama's. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)