Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so fed up!!! some adult material

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

hi ladys. i have something i need to ask. how do i get my kids to listen when i dont have daddy around cuz hes deployed. my daughter is better then my son , hes one going to be two in oct. she is two gonna be three in oct. I need to no how to handle them right now cuz im starting to cause myself to get workd up and that causes my unborn baby to get upset. im prego with our third so u no. my son is taking off his diaper and pooping on the floor and smearing it everywer. he is peeing on his floor and getting into everything he nos hes not supposed to. Im just so fucking done with him. i dont want to feel this way towards him but im so just about to leave him in his room all day. Ive tried to stay clam and let him no wat hes done ive tried the timeout ive tried the patss on his hand but hell just keep doin it till his hand is red cuz he keeps doing it. i dont hit him hard at all  if and when i spank. im not abusive to my kids so thats not wat im asking help with its ive run out of ideas. im now to the point that when im getting really upset im jsut shutting him in his room. i let him out as soon as im calm and clear but still its not more then 10 to 15 mins tell hes back in his room. please no oh ur a bad mom k i no im not i just need some ideas please!!! thanks ladys.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KBix
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:46 PM
How long has it been since your DH deployed?
They may be having a hard time adjusting. Do you live on post? If you do live on post see what free services are available for deployed children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirchard
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:48 PM

You can't  " make " them listen. Just be firm and consistant 100% of the time.  Try taking away some of his favorite toys. You have a lot on your hands, good luck.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:51 PM

this

Quoting jbirchard:

You can't  " make " them listen. Just be firm and consistant 100% of the time.  Try taking away some of his favorite toys. You have a lot on your hands, good luck.

GabrielRiley
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Try to put his diaper on backwards, or if you see him taking it off put him on the potty, if he wants to go in something other than his diaper let him know he has to sit on the potty till he is ready for his diaper back on.

And I would keep doing the same punishment each time he does soemthing wrong, don't try different things everytime, it will just confuse him.

erikays
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:54 PM
Put overalls on him! We tried everything w/ our oldest yrs ago and overalls were the only thing to keep the diaper on! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirchard
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:00 PM

My youngest hated overalls, I duct taped his diaper on, it worked.

mrs.reece
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:03 PM

THIS! you can also put duct tape on his diaper over the tabs and you can make sure to keep clothes on him... as far as your daughter i kind of let my ds go with the do and learn method with things that i KNOW he won't get seriously hurt on! like earlier i had tried and tried to keep him from climbing and he knows the consequences are that he falls but he kept on.... finally i had enough and let him climb and he fell and hit his mouth! that will keep him off for a few days. Don't get me wrong it breaks my heart and I am right there for him to run to when he gets hurt but he is the type of kiddo that has to learn from experience! good luck mama and keep your head up! things will work out~

Quoting GabrielRiley:

Try to put his diaper on backwards, or if you see him taking it off put him on the potty, if he wants to go in something other than his diaper let him know he has to sit on the potty till he is ready for his diaper back on.

And I would keep doing the same punishment each time he does soemthing wrong, don't try different things everytime, it will just confuse him.

latinmommy18
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:11 PM

wow i feel the same dam way my son he drive me crazy too.when mine acts up i wet his face to see if that calms him down.

broskifamily
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:09 PM

thanks guys and my hubbys been gone for 2 weeks. and ive tried the ducktape it workd for awhile but then he started to just pull it down till it came off. I dont try things every time but i have changedit over the last 6months to everything i said ive tried. my husband can say something and my son would listen but when i say something he jsut smiles and does it some more. ugh i just needed to ask and get some encouragement about wat i am doing. ireally needed the advice ladys. i love this website so much it helps me out so much. anyways ill try the things u guys have posted but i might be back on for some more help. oh and no i dont live on base i live off about 30mins away. and i do let them just learn cuz they are so crazy like that no matter how many times i say dont get on that ul fall and get hurt they keep doing it and then they fall and dont do it for a day. lol. anyways thanks again ladys

miriamz
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Best of luck with everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)