Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't care if you think its rude

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:42 PM
  • 31 Replies

So I noticed I missed a call from my dad and called him back. One of the first things he says to me is I need to change my voicemail greeting b/c its rude. On my voicmail I say,"Hi you have reached Erin. Sorry I missed your call. You may leave me a message but I have to be honest I am not good about checking my messages. If you don't hear back from in the next day or two call me back. Or you can txt me, that is the best way to get a message to me. Have a nice day." I simply told him I don't think its rude and it lets people know up front I don't check my voicemails so they don't have to feel stalkerish calling me back lol. He goes on how its still rude and I need to change that. I again hold my ground and tell him he is the only one that has said that to me and besides its my voicemail greeting who cares? He starts in again with the whole rude thing. I finally had to tell him I don't care if you think its rude and I am not changing it get over it. He then asks me if I am on the rag. WTH? Just needed to vent. Have to get in the shower now. Thanks for reading.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dababiesdreams
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:47 PM
doesn't sound rude to me......the rag comment was rude but not the voicemail message. Its better then my BIL's! His say's "hey motherf***er, you know who you reached. I don't want to talk to your @$$ that's why i didn't answer! Leave a message and i might give your @$$ a call back, suck my d!ck"......now that is rude!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
qtlillexi143
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I dont think it was rude at all! I think the rag comment was rude n just not right! ur right u shouldnt have to change it 4 anyone!

ilovexzavier
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I don't think that it is rude at all.

jbirchard
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Dang men

KME3
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Quoting dababiesdreams:

doesn't sound rude to me......the rag comment was rude but not the voicemail message. Its better then my BIL's! His say's "hey motherf***er, you know who you reached. I don't want to talk to your @$$ that's why i didn't answer! Leave a message and i might give your @$$ a call back, suck my d!ck"......now that is rude!

ur BIL's message is effin awesome lol...if i werent lookin for a job i would do something like that but my family expects nothing more than something rude or sarcastic from me ( in a joking sence im not a bitch lol)

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:55 PM

hugs

Rhiannon1988
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:59 PM

sounds very honest and as polite as honest can be to me.. daddy sounds like a bunghole (no offence) ^_^.. did he call for anything else but to bitch?

aanddplus2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:00 PM

That's not rude...suggesting someone change their voicemail message is rude. lol Mine is. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM................leave me a message. I get told all the time to change it but I don't know what to...

nurbabe82
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Quoting dababiesdreams:

LMAO!

Renee02
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:25 PM

If your voicemail honestly says that, all I can say is that it is just way too long LOL..I guess I am impatient and dont like to listen to long messages..BUT no not rude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)