Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH and I have a predicament....

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:19 PM
  • 22 Replies

We have these couple friends we've known for a while. They have kids, but they are older. Everytime we hang out the wife suggests we stay the night. Is this normal? My DH thinks its kind of odd but doesn't mind. Apparently his parents used to take him and his brothers to couples friends houses for dinner and crash over if they lived outta town but our friends are only about 30 minutes away. We have a 6 month old and she nurses to sleep and doesn't stay asleep for long, especially if she's not at home. So she'd be at the breast most of the night. What are your opinions??

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2inMommysWorld
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:22 PM

That seems wierd to me just because your close to home idk maybe its just me

MamaPeanut
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I can understand it if you live far away, or if the adults have been drinking.  But just for regular seems kind of strange. 

It's not something I'd do, just because I'd be uncomfortable, but to each their own I suppose. 

kltaylor07
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:24 PM
Depends on your relationship with the couple I guess. We went to friends last night. My husband needed to help his friend hang some trim & both me and his friends wife are pregnant so we hung out. The guys wanted to go to the bar, so we stayed the night and so did our son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:25 PM
I don't think it weird. Maybe they don't you or dh driving at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmomma1986
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:26 PM
It seems weird to me bc they're friends not family but IDK
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alotta_fagina

Maybe they are swingers LOL

Mom2Kylie2708

My DH and I have friends that are the same way, however we usually have a drink or 2 and didnt brong the kids...well we only had DD at the time. They would offer cause it is just better off to not drink any drive =]

cs_1498
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:29 PM

It seems kind of strange unless everyone had been drinking or you lived further away. I couldn't do it because I have a lot of problems sleeping anywhere but y own bed. But at the same time if my BFF lived even 10 minutes away we would stay at each others houses. Actually just a few years ago we were neighbors and stayed at each others house all the time, usually 1-3 times a week.

mommy31007
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:31 PM

thats normal for friends to stay overnight if you are not comfortable with it dont  do it but yes it is normal

KenzieQsMommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:36 PM

LOL we actually thought about that!!!

Quoting alotta_fagina:

Maybe they are swingers LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)