• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you actually send your child to a Daddy Day Care?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you leave your child at a daddy day care?

Options:

No

Yes

Only if I knew the guy really really well

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

So my husband was just fired. The job market isn't great around here and he is really enjoying being a stay at home dad. He is super organized and has broken the day into 30 min activities- he takes our two girls (2 and 7 months) on nature walks, has music time, gymnastics time, outside time, art time, math and reading time. And the house is even cleaner than when I was at home.

So now he has this idea to run a daddy day care. Since our girls are so young and such a handful, he would only watch one or two more.

I know he would be great, but I know that I would never leave my girls with a guy unless I knew the person really well. Call me sexist, I just wouldn't. But my husband is so not the normal dad. He love playing tea and dolls. Anything for his girls.

Anyway, would you leave you children with my husband? or are you like me, and a little biased???

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Hubby and I can't wait to meet our new addition!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:40 PM
I'm not really sure. I wouldn't want to leave my kids at an in home daycare honestly...but if he was a really nice guy and I got a good vibe maybe..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenie255
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:41 PM

I wouldn't leave my kids with a woman I didn't know pretty well.  The only time I didn't know someone watching my kids was at church when we first started.  And my kids were 3 and 5 at the time.  But I also trust the church (it was my childhood church).  I would feel the same about a guy as I do a woman watching my kids.  I would have to know them and trust them.

lovetocook64
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

I'm not really sure. I wouldn't want to leave my kids at an in home daycare honestly...but if he was a really nice guy and I got a good vibe maybe..

OutlawMUA
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:44 AM
No, but I would never send my child to ANY daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bchic24
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:49 AM

I personally would not, but not because it's a daddy daycare. I just don't believe in sending my baby to daycare. I actually know quite a few men who are awesome with kids, even better then some women I know.

CafeMom Tickers
allyumpas
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:56 AM

i wouldnt have any problem sending my son to a daddy day care only if i really knew the guy tho. i think its a good idea, some could see it as weird for men to watch kids cuz the "perverts" but i think its just as risky for anybody, male or female. just my opinion tho.

abbeysmommy1201
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:12 AM
I wouldn't u less I really knew the Guy but I really don't leave my daughter with anyone except my best friend or mother in law
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ayla-bellesmom
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:20 AM

No, but not because he is a man. I would never put my child in daycare regardless of whether it was men or women.

MumsTheWord571
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:28 AM

I have never left my DS anywhere but with family, so I couldn't really say. But I'd love to hear about what he does every day (like a schedule) I'd love for DS to get days that are so structured like that and haven't the foggiest on how to start it.

mama_2_jasper
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:31 AM

I think it is great! My DF is a SAHD and he is awesome! HE even watched our friends son for two days while she was having her second son! My sone and her son are 5 months apart and both around 2! He's an awesome father and I know that they are out there. In a way I think that DADDY'S are much more patient and laid back than mommy's. So yeah, I would def give it a try if I knew yuo guys!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)